Country Guitar: Picking Exercises
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 16 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Play for longer periods od time, with less fatigue.
- Play with greater speed and flexibilty.
- Feel more confident with right & left hand coordination.
- You will need a guitar
- Computer/ Tablet/ Internet Connection
- An open mind and a willingness to learn.
- You will need time to practice the material.
Have you ever wanted to play an extended guitar solo but you hands just weren't up to the task? These picking exercises should build that speed and flexibility you need.
The Country Guitar: Picking Exercises course based on a 25 minute workout designed to build chops, endurance and accuracy over the next 30 days.
This workout is based on a 25 minute routine (although if your short on time, you can
modify as needed).
There's a series of 24 examples to be played along with the provided mp3 drum tracks. Use the Daily Practice Log to track your speed and playing time over the 30 day period. This easily allows you to see your progress as you move through the course.
This course borrows concepts from fitness programs (consistency/tracking) as well as from productivity methods like the Pomodoro Technique to help you get the most out of this workout.
This is not a routine with just a bunch of boring scales, there are some really cool fun patterns that you can use to create your own licks and solos.
This course focuses on 5 different techniques:
- Alternate Picking
- Hybrid Picking
- Banjo Rolls
- and Licks!
- 1 Hour & 21 Minutes: This course is packed full with Exercises and Licks you can be using by this weekends gig.
- Shows You the Step-by-Step Process: Examples shown for each Exercise & Lick at Normal & Slow Speeds.
- PLUS It's easy to follow along with the PDF printable TABS!
- Right & Left Hand Close-Ups in Picture-in Picture Format: Close-up Shots for Easy Learning. A total of 3 camera angles. Left, Right & Center.
- Video Format for Accelerated Learning: Unlike private lessons, the Video format lets you Go at Your Own Pace and Allows You to watch as many times as it takes for You to Get It Down!
- MP3 Drum Tracks: Practice along with the included Drum Tracks at different tempos to help Build Speed and Improve Your Timing.
- PLUS I'll show you a simple 5 minute warm-up routine to help loosen the muscles.
And while this course is aimed at country guitar players, you don't have to be a chicken picker to get something from this course. Even if your a Blues Player or Rocker Guitarist, I'm confidant this course will help improve your right hand technique.
In this course you will also get printable TABS in PDF format, MP3 drumtracks, and a printable Daily Tracking Log.
You are backed by Udemy's 30 Day money back guarantee.
Click the green "Take This Course" Button to Get Started Today!
- Beginner/Intermidiate guitaists looking to build speed and flexibitiy.
- Beginner/Intermidiate guitaists looking to build endurance.
- If your an advanced guitarist, this course might not be for you.
Here are you downloadable material for the course. Print out the PDFs as it will make it easier for you to follow along. The MP3 drum tracks are about 5 minutes long so you'll want to drop them into a Sequencer (ProTools, Logic, etc..) and loop it to make it play for 25 minutes. You can also use programs like Amazing Slow Downer or Transcribe.If you use the GuitarPro Software, I've included the gpx files. GPX is not a supported file type here on Udemy so I put them in a ZIP folder. Download and uncompress the zip file, then open the gpx file with your GuitarPro Software.
Remember to relax and breath. You don't want tension in your shoulder or arm as you run through this workout. If you get tense, it will slow you down. Stay relaxed. Look into a mirror to watch your technique.
This is a quick introduction to the workout. There are 5 sections to the workout. When you first start, plan of 5 minutes for each section, as you get faster, you can run though it in half the time. Over the course of the 30 days, the routine doesn't change but you'll be able to increase your speed every few days. Use your tracking sheet to track your progress each day. Try to run through this workout 5 to 6 days per week for 30 days. You should see a noticeable improvement. If it takes you longer to get to the faster speeds, that's perfectly OK. Don't be in a rush. Just work on consistent improvement.
This is another great exercise that combines both hybrid picking and alternate picking. Start with an upstoke with your pick.
Here's another cool open string example. The right hand pattern stays the same but the left hand pattern changes slightly as you move up the neck.
This is one of my favorite scales. It's the Country Composite Scale. It adds the blue note (b5) as well as some chromatic notes.