Guitar for Music Educators: Learning How to Teach Guitar
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 12 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- By the end of the course you will be able to read music on the guitar in first position
- By the end of the course you will be able to play open chords in guitar friendly keys
- By the end of the course you will be able to accompany yourself or others on the guitar
- By the end of the course you will be able to play with fingerstyle and plectrum (pick) technique.
- By the end of the course you will be able to start and teach a class guitar course.
This course is designed to give you the knowledge you need to play the guitar and teach the instrument to students. The course is taught in the same way you would teach your class, covering the same topics in a class-based progression. In order to develop a multi-year class you will be given tools to develop a continuing guitar class, a class that develops the same ensemble skills and advanced musicianship that band, choir, and orchestra provide to students.
Throughout the course you will learn how to play and teach fingerstyle technique, picking technique, note reading, chord playing, and basic soloing. Images and videos will be used to demonstrate proper left and right hand placements on the guitar.
- Music Educators