Guide Your Homeschool Teen through High School to College
What you'll learn
- Plan courses for each high school subject area
- Select electives
- Assign credits and grades with confidence
- Choose the best option for getting a diploma
- Create a transcript to send to colleges
- Navigate the college testing recommendations
- You should be familiar with the basics of homeschooling
As a parent of a teen who is heading in to high school, you might feel a little fearful or intimidated. You might be afraid you'll make a mistake, or leave out an important step, and your teen won't be able to get into college and succeed in life. Relax! This short course is a quick guide to everything you need to know, with tips to guide you into deeper research. As a teacher and school principal for over 30 years, and having helped scores of families in the homeschool community in Pennsylvania, I have had these conversations many times and am confident that what I share here will help you get started on this next phase of homeschooling. You CAN graduate your teen from homeschool!
Who this course is for:
- Any parent homeschooling a child who is ready to head into junior high or high school grades
I have been a high school math and science teacher and school administrator for over 30 years. In Pennsylvania, where I live, homeschool students meet with an evaluator once a year to review and certify their progress, and I have worked with hundreds of homeschool students over the years. I also have five children of my own, who at various times have been homeschooled or been enrolled in the school where I teach. I created and manage a website with resources to support schools, families, and students who use the PACE curriculum.