Growth Mindset: The Key to Confidence, Impact & Fulfillment
What you'll learn
- Discover how growth mindset can propel your confidence and career, while making you more innovative and willing to take risks
- Identify when you’re showing up with a fixed mindset, and how this might be holding you back at work and in life
- Consider 6 roadblocks that may be keeping you from having a growth mindset, along with proven strategies to overcome them
- Take the One Yes challenge to step out of your comfort zone, adopt stretch goals, and reflect on what you learned
- Bring a growth mindset to your organization, and experience how this can positively impact culture, innovation, engagement, and retention
- Certification Available
- There are no requirements or prerequisites for this course.
NASBA CPE accredited course
National Association of State Boards of Accountancy (NASBA)
NASBA CPE credits: 1.8
Recommended NASBA field of study: Personal Development
Program level: Basic
To earn NASBA CPE credits:
- Complete all videos
- Score 70% or higher on final exam
Glossary: Find PDF attached to the first lecture of this course.
Completion to obtain CPE should be accomplished a year after purchase date.
If you undertake this course for NASBA CPE credits, please complete the Self Study Course Evaluation.
Do you always play it safe? Worry about failing? Cringe when receiving constructive feedback? Would you rather take your life and career to the next level, expand your possibilities, increase your comfort taking risks, and elevate your performance at work? Find out how shifting your mindset to one of growth can reap huge rewards, both in work and in life. A growth mindset is the belief that you can constantly learn, grow, and improve. By becoming comfortable taking risks, receiving feedback, learning from experience, and reframing "failure," you're on your way to a growth mindset and a happier, more fulfilling life.
In this course, you will:
Identify when you’re showing up with a fixed mindset, and how this might be holding you back at work and in life
Discover 6 roadblocks that may be keeping you from having a growth mindset, including
Lack of confidence
Fear of failure
Fear of success
Just plain feeling stuck.
Try proven strategies to address each roadblock
Take the One Yes challenge to step out of your comfort zone, adopt stretch goals, and reflect on what you learned
Bring a growth mindset to your organization, and discover how this can positively impact culture, innovation, engagement, and retention
Move from a need to prove to a desire to IMprove
Complete reflection exercises and worksheets to expand your learning and accelerate your growth
I'm Diane Flynn, your instructor for this course. Adopting a growth mindset has changed my life. By continually stepping out of my comfort zone, I've been able to embrace new possibilities, connect with life-changing individuals, and experience transformational change. I want the same for you, and hope that you will join me in this course.
Invest an hour of your time with me, and you will heighten your awareness of ways to stretch into new roles and expand opportunities for joy and success!
"Diane Flynn is one of the best workshop facilitators on the subject of adopting a growth mindset and being open to change. She has world-class instincts about people and is phenomenal in reading a room with respect to what a group needs. And, most importantly, she models the perfect alchemy of direct and respectful guidance that helps workshop participants feel both stretched and cared for."
- Chip Conley, Airbnb Strategic Advisor, Founder of the Modern Elder Academy and NYT Best-selling author
CPE (Continuing Professional Education)
Define growth mindset and fixed mindset.
Identify the beliefs and traits of those with growth and fixed mindsets.
Recognize key findings from Carol Dweck’s growth mindset research.
Describe self-limiting beliefs, how they prevent personal growth, and techniques to challenge them.
Recite 4 common misperceptions some may have about growth mindset
Describe how mindsets show up in organizations.
Name six roadblocks that can prevent the development of a growth mindset and strategies for overcoming them.
For more information regarding administrative policies, please contact our support using the Help and Support link at the bottom of this page.
Who this course is for:
- Those who want to step out of their comfort zone to embrace new possibilities with confidence
- Those who want to identify when they're showing up with a fixed mindset, and understand how a growth mindset might better serve them
- Those who want to grow in their career and experience greater joy and fulfillment in life
- If you already feel like you're exercising a growth mindset in every dimension of life -- you're comfortable taking risks, willing to fail, embrace feedback, and are a life-long learner, this course may NOT be for you.
Diane Flynn is Cofounder and CEO of ReBoot Accel, designing work cultures that support and advance women. She facilitates workshops and coaches individuals interested in growing their careers, impact, and confidence. Diane also consults with Fortune 500 companies on gender diversity and building cultures where each voice is heard. She co-authored The Upside, supporting the business case for gender diversity. ReBoot Accel has been featured on The Today Show, WSJ, Forbes, ABC News, NBC, PRI’s The TakeAway, and the HuffPost.
Diane previously served as Chief Marketing Officer of GSVlabs, a marketing executive at Electronic Arts, and an associate consultant at The Boston Consulting Group. She has spoken at SXSW, Stanford Business School, and the Modern Elder Academy, along with conferences on Diversity, Ageism, and the Future of Work. She earned a BA in Economics from Stanford and an MBA from Harvard.