Growth Marketing Fundamentals
What you'll learn
- How to use the funnel framework to systematically approach growth problems
- How to identify the biggest opportunities that will grow your business today
- How to break down business goals into actionable inputs that you can impact now
- Methods for increasing traffic, retaining customers, and driving revenue
- How to analyze viral growth and build a powerful referral program
- How to create a spreadsheet model to predict future business growth
- Quantitative research methods such as cohort analysis and user segmentation
- Qualitative research methods for understanding customer behavior
- How to calculate important business metrics like CAC, LTV, and payback period
- A desire to learn how growing a business works — whether you’re a marketer, product manager, founder, or engineer
- This is a foundational growth marketing course, so no previous experience is necessary
Learn the fundamentals of growth marketing from a Silicon Valley marketer.
This course is for anyone who wants to understand how growing a business works. There’s a lot of mysticism around growth hacking, growth marketing, and digital marketing. But the fact is, growing any organization — whether it’s the next tech unicorn or a small business — is like building a well-oiled machine. And the blueprint for this machine is the growth marketing funnel.
This blueprint allows you to break down your growth machine into distinct parts that you can prioritize, optimize, and improve. Stop wondering where to focus, stop simply hoping initiatives will work, and start driving results systematically.
You will master the growth marketing funnel by the end of this course. And along the way, you'll learn the fundamentals of customer acquisition, retention, and monetization.
Included in this course:
23 high-quality video lectures
25 written lectures, complete with examples from well-known companies, wisdom from growth experts, and insights from my own experience
14 practical exercises that you can apply to your own business (or impress a future employer with) right away
4 ready-to-copy Google spreadsheet templates you can use for modelling growth, virality, and more
A curated collection of external resources where you can go even deeper on these concepts
The ability to ask me questions if you get stuck (I'll respond as soon as I can!)
This course is not highly tactical and does not contain growth hacks. Instead, it gives you a growth marketing foundation that you can use as a filter in a world where the best tactics are changing every day.
As well, the underlying concepts in this course are not new — what I offer is a synthesis of some of the greatest minds in growth marketing, combined with my own experience working at high growth startups.
I want to train you to think like a growth marketer. The funnel is how we’ll get there.
Ready to get started? Enroll now and learn skills that will unlock new growth in your business and your career.
"...for anyone looking for an awesome digital marketing coach, this is your guy!"
— Rory R., former student of Lloyd's (and now, full-time digital marketer!)
Who this course is for:
- Aspiring growth or digital marketers who want to break into the field.
- Marketing professionals, product managers, or engineers who want to increase their impact at work or get a competitive edge
- Entrepreneurs who want to grow their business and talk to investors intelligently about growth
- More broadly: anyone who wants to understand how growing a business works
Hi there! My name is Lloyd Alexander -- thanks for checking out my course.
I currently Iead Student Lifecycle Marketing on Udemy's growth team. My job is to activate, retain, and monetize students on Udemy's global marketplace.
In a nutshell, I need to make sure students like you keep learning, and instructors keep getting paid to do what they do best.
I think online education can change the world because it's had an immense impact on my life. Prior to joining Udemy as an employee, I was a Udemy student. The courses I completed helped me land my first tech job out of college, and eventually led me straight to the source when I joined Udemy's marketing team in 2015.
It's always been a dream of mine to be an instructor, and I hope you enjoy my courses!