Make the Humble Potato a BIG part of your garden.
Potatoes are an often over looked addition to any backyard garden. Packed with nutrients, they are versatile in the kitchen and long storing,. And the great thing about growing your own potatoes is you can take advantage of over 100 tasty varieties. You will not longer be limited by the 5 or so different varieties grown commercially. Home grown potatoes come in every shape, color and size.
There are few things in life that are tastier than fresh dug potatoes, mashed, fried or baked for you evening dinner. And in the dead of winter potatoes are one of the few garden crops that you can still eat fresh!
This Growing Potatoes gardening course will take you step by step through the growing process and give you the knowledge you need to grow hundreds of pounds of potatoes from your garden this summer!
Today you will learn how to grow a delicious crop of home grown potatoes in your own backyard garden.
What you will learn with Growing Potatoes:
Module 1 Introduction
- Learn why growing your own potatoes is so important.
Module 2 - Planting Your Potatoes
- Choosing seed potatoes
- Growing your own seed potatoes
- What is "Chitting"?
- Cutting potato seeds for more plants
- When should you plant
- Planting using the trench & Hill System
Module 3 - Caring for your growing potatoes
- Why you should "hill" your potatoes and how to do it
- Watering your crop
- Do your potatoes need fertilizer?
- Common pests and diseases
- Why are my potatoes funny shaped?
- How to avoid green potatoes
Module 4 - Harvesting and Storage
- When are your potatoes ready to harvest?
- Digging potatoes
- Curing your potatoes before storage
- How to get your potatoes to last long in storage
Module 5 - Alternative growing methods
- Growing potatoes in containers
- Growing potatoes without hilling
- Growing potatoes in compost and straw
- How to get a super early crop of potatoes?
This course is designed to teach you the basics of growing potatoes in your backyard garden.
You will learn everything you need to know to grow a fantastic crop of tasty potatoes your first year!
You will learn the simple steps for growing your own Potatoes:
- Choosing seed potatoes and planting your crop
- How to care for your growing potatoes, including common pests and problems
- Harvesting and storage of your crop
- Alternative growing methods
Whether you are starting your first garden or you have a thumb as green as an emerald you need this course to get you the information you need to grow a great crop of potatoes!