- 1 hour on-demand video
- 1 article
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Build grit necessary for any accomplishment.
- Keep going despite difficulties and setbacks.
- Know when to keep going and when it's better to give up.
- Develop mental toughness to handle difficult situations and persevere without losing confidence.
- Avoid the most common pitfalls that lead people to giving up.
- You need to know that this course requires you to implement the advice shared in it. Before you start the course, think of goals you'd like to achieve.
Tempted to Give Up? Here’s How to Keep Going
If you browse through the interviews with some of the most successful people on Earth, you’ll find one common piece of advice shared by virtually all of them:
They never give up on their big goals.
Research shows that grit is a better predictor for success than any other factor. The ability to keep going despite setbacks is more important than your IQ, character or other external factors like your upbringing or surroundings.
But what does it really mean to “never give up”? What exactly is grit? How do you persevere when faced with larger than life difficulties? How do you keep going when you’re at the brink of exhaustion and all your hard work hasn’t been rewarded yet?
I created this course to explore the subject of persistence from a more scientific point of view than cliché self-help sayings. I want to share with you how exactly to stick to your goals according to peak performers and science – not vague motivational advice that assumes we have unlimited strength once we’re motivated enough.
Here are just a couple of things you will learn from the course:
- A crucial piece of advice you can learn from the first people who reached the South Pole. If you make the wrong choice, you’ll burn out – guaranteed.
- What famous American comic Jerry Seinfeld did in his early days of career to keep going. It’s a simple trick that provides huge results.
- What a study on top musicians, athletes, actors and chess players can teach you about achieving results and persistence. The elite performers practice much fewer hours than you believe.
- The most common ways you lead yourself to self-sabotage. Usually, you’re not even aware of how many of your efforts go for naught simply because of the things you'll discover in the course.
- According to studies, this one trait is strongly associated with grit and persistence. Learn what it is and how to develop it in five different ways.
- Five focusing questions to keep going. Asking yourself these questions will help you boost your motivation when you’re at the brink of giving up.
- How listening to others whining makes a part of your brain shrink and affects your ability to persevere when faced with setbacks.
There’s no reason why you should give up if you’re working on the right goal. Learn how to make sure you’ll reach your objectives.
- This course is for people who want to improve themselves and have goals they'd like to achieve.
- No prior knowledge about personal development is needed.
- This course is not for you if you're not willing to make changes in your life or if you don't plan to set any goals for yourself.
How to build grit? How do you persevere when faced with larger than life difficulties? How do you keep going when you’re at the brink of exhaustion and all your hard work hasn’t been rewarded yet? This course (based on my bestselling book Grit: How to Keep Going When You Want to Give Up) has the answers to these questions.
Grit serves no purpose if you’re chasing the wrong thing. Blind persistence can hold you back from achieving your goals instead of helping you reach them. Consequently, the most important question you should ask yourself before you even start learning about grit is: “Should I even keep going?”
You can accomplish a lot in your life with sheer persistence, but there’s no reason to rely on grit alone. You’ll free up a lot of willpower to use in other areas of your life if you support grit with daily routines requiring little to no effort to perform. Why are routines so important and how do you introduce them into your life to persevere no matter the circumstances?
Hard work is a success cliché that makes people work unnecessarily hard. Some of the most successful people in life achieved their goals not because of their blood, sweat, and tears, but primarily because they worked less than other people (but in a more focused way). Discover how to do it.
All of us know how dangerous stress is to our health. Yet, the image of success people have in their minds usually means extremely hard and stressful work, frequently at the cost of stress wreaking havoc on your body. Learn why it's the wrong approach.
Even if you consider yourself a fairly persistent person, you probably sabotage your goals at least a few times. Self-sabotage comes in all shapes and sizes, but most frequently it starts with rationalizing why you should give up (when you shouldn’t). In this lesson, we’ll explore some of the most common self-sabotage behaviors.
People who are resilient experience positive emotions even during stressful events, which helps them quickly rebound despite adversity. Consequently, resilience is the most important skill to build to learn how to turn your struggles into something positive. Discover how to develop it.