Green Smoothies 101
What you'll learn
- Fun, simple and affordable Green Smoothie recipes.
- How to set up your kitchen to support you in your health goals.
- How to shop for, prep and store greens, fruits and vegetables.
- How and why drinking green smoothies promotes weight loss.
- How to maximize food prep time and minimizing waste.
- Which nutrients can be found in which plant based foods.
- How to practice self-care in and out of the kitchen.
- You will need a blender, or access to a blender for the duration of the course.
- You will need access to dark leafy greens, fresh fruits and vegetables.
- You will need a kitchen space to set up and make each of the recipes in the course. Basics include, counter space, a refrigerator or freezer and a sink with running water.
- You will need a desire to look and feel great!
Become a Green Smoothie Rockstar! This course will take you step by step through the tools, tips and tricks you need to become an expert at making delicious and nutritious green smoothies in your own kitchen. I share my knowledge about nutrition, self-care, and holistic wellness as the perfect foundation for learning how to make 7 specific recipes that you can easily make and will love!
Approach your health from the point of view that being healthy can be FUN!
Eating a spectrum of vitamins and minerals is critical for your health, but even more than that, having fresh, plant based, whole foods in your daily diet is a must for the integrity of your cells. The basis of all life is cellular health. Without that we fall apart. No source of nutrition can provide you with better cell integrity than plants! Fruits and vegetables are important for so many reasons, and when you consume them in fresh, raw, unprocessed form, they add so much to your digestive health.
I teach this course because smoothies are so easy to make. They make healthy eating fun and adventurous and the cleanup is a snap!
If you are a person who says "I don't like the consistency" when somebody offers you a smoothie, then I challenge you to make your own, see what goes into it and give it a taste. A smoothie can be on the thin and viscous side or thick, rich and creamy, depending on what you put into it. Try these recipes and use the skills and strategies to invent your own.
More than anything, this course is designed to give you the tools you need to start a healthy habit. Green foods can be scary to some, but not in a delicious smoothie. Try it and if you don't love it, I will refund the cost of your course so you can try something different.
Who this course is for:
- Women who are seeking a healthy approach to weight loss.
- Beginner and first time smoothie makers.
- People seeking emotional support around lifestyle change.
- Busy moms struggling to get their kids to eat a healthier diet.
- People who want to make "healthy" more fun!
- Anyone who wants to stimulate natural weight loss while increasing energy levels.
- People craving more energy with which to pursue dreams and enjoy their lives.
- People who want a health coach to support them in forming healthy habits.
Transformational speaker, author and educator Deborah C. Smith is a graduate of the renown Institute for Integrative Nutrition. Deborah’s mission to support people in living their healthiest life is inspired by her own health and wellness journey. She began her education in plant-based nutrition in 2005 as a result of feeling stuck and not connected to her own body. “I was tired all the time and cranky, feeling bloated and weighed down by the trappings of my ‘standard American’ diet and exercise routine. While I wasn’t sick necessarily, I was depressed and sugar addicted. I was unmotivated at work and too exhausted to accomplish anything outside of work. I needed support to overcome my unhealthy habits and become unstuck.”
In the Spring of 2006 Deborah received a degree in holistic nutrition and Green Pirate Juice was born. Since that day, the company has proudly served thousands of New Yorkers the healthiest and freshest plant-based beverages and foods and has provided education and coaching services to hundreds of companies and private clients. Deborah's workshops and blog are inspired by her own goal of finding balance in life, while keeping it juicy and full of healthy choices. The story of the Juice Truck and her 12 years of running a mobile food vending business in NYC are incorporated into the forthcoming book, My Green Revolution, due out in the Fall of 2019.