Eco Friendly logistics- An Introduction to Green Shipping
- Willingness to Learn
- Passion for Green Logistics
- This course doesn't require any prior knowledge in shipping and port operations.
- Love for Marine Life and Ocean protection
- All are welcome to take this course.
Green Logistics simply denotes the art of Moving Goods with Minimal Environmental Impact. Green Shipping deals with Eco-friendly handling, storing and movement of cargo throughout the logistics chain, with a focus on sustainability in Operations.
The Green Eco System in Shipping consists of six stakeholders:
1. Shippers or the Customers who ship their Cargo
2. Shipping Lines / Ship Owners who operate the ships
3. Port Authorities who monitor the port operations
4. Companies that operate the Port terminals
5. International and Local Regulatory Bodies
6. Third Parties like Ship Builders, Research firms, Tech Firms, International trade routes and Canals, and ship breaking / recycling eco-system at the End of ship's Life
We will be discussing each of these topics on how they impact the environment and what should be done to reduce their impact, for sustainable development.
Who this course is for:
- Job Seekers in Shipping and Port Operations
- Sustainability Officers of Shipping Lines
- Employees of Port Authority
- Terminal Operators
- Students of Maritime Institutes
- Sustainable development enthusiasts and people who love earth.
- 02:39Lets Understand Green Logistics and Sustainable Development
Mr. Veilumuthusamy Gopalakrishnan is a Supply Chain Management consultant and Corporate trainer who has conducted over 1000 Hours corporate training's in 12 countries for over 10000 working professionals across the globe. He has received a Certificate from the Government of USA, SIGNED BY THE HONORABLE PRESIDENT OF THE USA, for successfully completing the Prestigious Fulbright program at Cornell University in USA. In his 15+ years of teaching and consulting experience, he has been offering SCM consulting and Corporate training services to various organizations which include Fortune 500 companies, Non-Profit Organizations and Micro Small and Medium Scale companies in Emerging Economies.
He is also the Founder & CEO of Global Operational Excellence Solutions (GOPS). The objective of GOPS is to provide world class corporate training and consultancy services to Professionals and Students, and to share his rich international Supply chain Consulting experience and Global best practices with the working professionals, thereby improving their overall performance for a better corporate growth. Better Industrial growth translates to better economic growth.
Gopalakrishnan is a humble, down to earth and easily approachable person. He is a person with a good sense of Humor. He is married and has a son. He is a marathon runner and has participated in several marathon events across the globe. He has a Bachelors degree in Mechanical engineering, MBA in Supply chain from Anna University, India and Strategic Business Management Certificate from Cornell University, USA. He was a University Top rank holder and a Gold medalist.