Environmental sustainability in Maritime transport Industry
What you'll learn
- Sustainability in Shipping Operations
- Environmental Ship Index (ESI) - Green Ships
- Green Technologies for Ships and Ports
- Sustainable Terminal Operations
- Role of Shippers in Carbon Footprint Reduction
- Community Outreach and Stakeholder Engagement
- Willingness to Learn
- Passion for Green Logistics
- This course doesn't require any prior knowledge in shipping and port operations.
- Love for Marine Life and Ocean protection
- All are welcome to take this course.
Green Logistics simply denotes the art of Moving Goods with Minimal Environmental Impact. Green Shipping deals with Eco-friendly handling, storing and movement of cargo throughout the logistics chain, with a focus on sustainability in Operations. In the current world, sustainability in operations is the only way for survival. Financial institution's tough ESG performance measurement criterias and strict IMO regulatory compliance are to be met at the same time, making it difficult for shipping industry to see profits after fulfilling all the requirements. But, if we know what needs to be done, it gets easier. This course is a basic course for all stakeholders and financial institutions to understand what Green Maritime is all about.
The Green Eco System in Shipping consists of six stakeholders:
1. Shippers or the Customers who ship their Cargo
2. Shipping Lines / Ship Owners who operate the ships
3. Port Authorities who monitor the port operations
4. Companies that operate the Port terminals
5. International and Local Regulatory Bodies
6. Third Parties like Ship Builders, Research firms, Tech Firms, International trade routes and Canals, and ship breaking / recycling eco-system at the End of ship's Life
We will be discussing each of these topics on how they impact the environment and what should be done to reduce their impact, for sustainable development.
Who this course is for:
- Job Seekers in Shipping and Port Operations
- Sustainability Officers of Shipping Lines
- Employees of Port Authority
- Terminal Operators
- Students of Maritime Institutes
- Sustainable development enthusiasts and people who love earth.
I am a Management Expert and a Sustainability consultant with 16+ Years of Rich experience in 15 countries. My career has been centered around Socio economic value creation, Safety, Environment and Efficiency improvement in Asia and Africa. My expertise includes: Sustainable Development Goals (SDG's), Environmental Management, ESG, Socio-economic initiatives management, Employee safety, Ethics and Corporate Governance. In march 2021, I was awarded a Positive Change Ambassador Badge from Rotterdam school of Management, Erasmus University.
I am also the Founder & CEO of Global Operational Excellence Solutions (GOPS). The Purpose of GOPS is to play my tiny little role in our planets journey towards achieving UN Sustainable Development Goals.
I am a humble, down to earth and an easily approachable person with a good sense of Humor. I am married and we are blessed with a son. I am also a marathon runner and I have participated in several marathon events across the globe. I have a Bachelors degree in Mechanical engineering, MBA in Supply chain from Anna University, India and a Hubert Humphrey fellowship Certificate from Cornell University, USA.