Prep for GRE® Subject Math Exam - Module1:Basics
- Be a math major in his/her senior year, or equivalent.
This course is a prep course for the GRE Subject exam in Mathematics. If you wish to apply for a grad program in math, statistics and such, this exam is required.
This is the first module and includes all the pre-calculus material needed in order to excel in the exam. More importantly, the course teaches techniques for solving problems FAST (since in the exam you will have 2.5 min per question - very little time).
We will go over the following topics:
- Solving problems using graphs.
- Analytic Geometry.
- Important formulas to memorize
- Most common derivative, anti-derivatives and Taylor Expansions.
The course is designed to review all that is necessary to get you up to speed and get you solving real exam problems. Knowledge covered in this module is assumed for the rest of the modules.
See the free intro lecture to get more details.
GRE is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Service (ETS) in the United States and other countries. This content is not endorsed or approved by ETS.
- This course is intended to prep for the GRE Subject Math test. NOT for the math section at the general GRE.
- Student who wish to apply for graduate math programs must do the GRE Subject Math test. This course is designed for them
- This course assumes knowledge equivalent to B.S in mathematics.
- Intro - What is this course?
- Modules of the prep course
- Basic Preliminaries
- Analytic Geometry
- Trigonometric Formulae
- More Formulae
- Quiz - Instructions
- Final Quiz
- Quiz Review
- Bonus Lecture
Dr. Gilad Pagi graduated 1st in class during his B.S in Math and B.S+M.S in Engineering. Pagi has more than 10 years of experience in teaching, including teaching positions in calculus and linear algebra university courses, private and group tutoring. Pagi achieved a top score in the subject math exam (900). He served as a calculus instructor at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, where he received his Ph.D. in theoretical Mathematics. Dr. Pagi is currently working at Google.