Prep for GRE® Subject Math Exam-Module8:Advanced Methods
What you'll learn
- Excel in the GRE subject Mathematics exam's questions
- Solve questions more quickly
- Pace through the test
- Be a math major in his/her senior year, or equivalent.
This course is a prep course for the GRE Subject exam in Mathematics. If you wish to apply for a grad program in math, statistics and such, this exam is required.
This is the eighth module and includes advanced methods and examples needed in order to excel in the more challenging problems of the exam. More importantly, the course teaches techniques for solving problems FAST (since in the exam you will have 2.5 min per question - very little time).
We will go over the following topics:
- Advanced Calculus
- Advanced ODE
- Advanced Linear Algebra
- Advanced Abstract Algebra
- Advanced Set Theory, Topology
- Advanced Real and Complex Analysis
The course is designed to review all that is necessary to get you up to speed and get you solving real exam problems. Content covered in the previous modules is assumed.
See the free intro lecture to get more details.
GRE is a registered trademark of Educational Testing Service (ETS) in the United States and other countries. This content is not endorsed or approved by ETS.
Who this course is for:
- This course is intended to prep for the GRE Subject Math test. NOT for the math section at the general GRE.
- Students who wish to apply for graduate math programs must do the GRE Subject Math test. This course is designed for them
- This course assumes knowledge equivalent to B.S in mathematics.
- This course assumes knowledge of modules 1-7
Dr. Gilad Pagi graduated 1st in class during his B.S in Math and B.S+M.S in Engineering. Pagi has more than 10 years of experience in teaching, including teaching positions in calculus and linear algebra university courses, private and group tutoring. Pagi achieved a top score in the subject math exam (900). He served as a calculus instructor at the University of Michigan, Ann Arbor, where he received his Ph.D. in theoretical Mathematics. Dr. Pagi is currently working at Google.