GraphQL & Apollo with Android - From Novice to Expert
What you'll learn
- Master GraphQL tool and how to use technology tools to build and consume robust API's with GraphQL
- Use NodeJS, Express and GraphQL to create a backend server for your Android Apps to consume
- Understand the whole picture of development - front and backend
- Build an Android Client App from Scratch with Apollo which Consumes the GraphQL API we Built
- Have a Strong Understand of GraphQL Syntax, Types and Data Object Relationships
- MongoDB and mongoose data Collections
- Deploy our GraphQL Project to Heroku
- Basic Android Development Skills
- Basic Programming Skills
- Familiarity with Java and Android Development
GraphQL is the new way of building scalable, reliable, and concise API's that any client can consume.
If you want to master GraphQL with Apollo so you can then use, in our case, the Android app as the client, then this course is for you.
This course will get you up and running with GraphQL quickly and teach you the core knowledge you need to deeply understand and build GraphQL APIs and deploy them remotely and incorporate Apollo middleware so you can consume the data in Android applications quickly.
GraphQL fundamentals? Is included.
Building the backend with Node, Express, MongoDB, and Apollo? Also included.
Integration with Native Android App Development? You got it!
If you are new to GraphQL, or if maybe you've dabbled in it for a bit but still want to get a better grasp of GraphQL, then this is certainly a course you should take.
The course follows a linear structure for better retention. Here's what's included ( just a gist of it):
Learn and understand why GraphQL is the desirable way of building succinct APIs
Learn the fundamentals of GraphQL: Scalable types and Schemas
Deep understanding of what Graph in GraphQL means.
Setting up MongoDB Collections
GraphQL Queries and Mutations
Creating relationships between your data objects
Deploy the server-side GraphQL project to Heroku
And finally, create an Android App that interfaces with our GraphQL API
As you can see, this course covers all you need to know to become a well-rounded developer. You'll learn the backend and the front-end as well.
GraphQL is a big deal. So much that big companies, such as Facebook ( they created GraphQL ), Shopify, Fairfax, Intuit, KLM, Paypal, Pinterest, Twitter, and so many more, use it!
I created this course with you in mind - I wanted you to get up and to run, creating your own amazing projects with the tools and technologies I cover in the course.
By the end of this course, you will be fluently creating GraphQL API's and tie them up with any client (be it web or Android client). And that's when you will call yourself a true well-rounded developer.
See you inside.
Who this course is for:
- Novice and advanced developers who want to learn GraphQL
- Android Developers who want to build Backend API's with GraphQL
- Beginner Developers with minimum programming knowledge who are curious about learning GraphQL
Hi, I'm Paulo.
I am passionate about teaching people Android, Java, and Flutter development. I have taught over 100,000 students in 175 countries worldwide.
I have a degree in Computer Science from Whitworth University, and I love programming and teaching.
I have extensive experience in Mobile App Development (Android and iOS) and Web Development.
I am also the founder of Build Apps With Paulo, where students are equipped with tools they need to become well-rounded developers - developers who have soft and technical skills.
Showing students how to make amazing applications/software is a gratifying experience for me. That's why I have been teaching online for the past 5 years.
My goal is to make you a great developer, no matter your experience. I enjoy spending time with my growing family, playing the guitar, mandolin, and traveling in my spare time.
I look forward to helping you become the best developer you can be.
If you are new to Android development and my courses, I suggest you start with my most comprehensive Android course:
1. The Comprehensive 2020 Android Development Masterclass - You'll learn everything you'll need to know to get started with Android Development - no experience required!
2. The Complete Intermediate Android Masterclass - You'll learn intermediate Android topics such as Workmanager API, ROOM Database, and working in the background in Android.
Cross-platform Development courses & Web-related (Build iOS and Android Mobile Apps):
3. Flutter & Dart - The Complete Flutter App Development Course - Learn the Dart Programming language and build iOS and Android Apps with a single codebase.
4. AngularDart - Build Dynamic Web Apps with Angular & Dart - Unleash the power of one of the most used web development framework Angular, and Dart, to build dynamic web apps.
5. TornadoFX - Build JavaFX Applications With Kotlin - Leverage the modern programming language, Kotlin, and JavaFX libraries to build stunning desktop apps
Purely Java-based courses:
6. Java Masterclass - Beginner to Expert Guide - Want to learn Java from the ground up? Then this is the course you'll need.
7. Java Design Patterns - The Complete Masterclass - Learn how to build solid software using well-tested, proven Design Patterns.
I look forward to seeing you in my courses.