GraphQL & Apollo with Android - From Novice to Expert
- 11.5 hours on-demand video
- 7 articles
- 6 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Master GraphQL tool and how to use technology tools to build and consume robust API's with GraphQL
- Use NodeJS, Express and GraphQL to create a backend server for your Android Apps to consume
- Understand the whole picture of development - front and backend
- Build an Android Client App from Scratch with Apollo which Consumes the GraphQL API we Built
- Have a Strong Understand of GraphQL Syntax, Types and Data Object Relationships
- MongoDB and mongoose data Collections
- Deploy our GraphQL Project to Heroku
- Basic Android Development Skills
- Basic Programming Skills
- Familiarity with Java and Android Development
GraphQL is the new way of building scalable, reliable and concise API's that any client can consume.
If you want to master GraphQL with Apollo so you can then use, in our case, Android app as the client, then this course is for you.
This course will get you up and running with GraphQL quickly, and teach you the core knowledge you need to deeply understand and build GraphQL API's and deploy them remotely, as well as incorporating Apollo middleware so you you can consume the data in Android applications quickly.
GraphQL fundamentals? Is included.
Building the backend with Node, Express, MongoDB and Apollo? Also included.
Integration with Native Android App Development? You got it!
If you are new to GraphQL, or if maybe you've dabbled in it for a bit but still want to get a better grasp of GraphQL, then this is certainly a course you should take.
The course follows a linear structure for better retention. Here's what's included ( just a gist of it):
Learn and understand why GraphQL is the desirable way of building succinct APIs
Learn the fundamentals and basics of GraphQL: Scalable types and Schemas
Deep understand of what Graph in GraphQL means
Setting up MongoDB Collections
GraphQL Queries and Mutations
Creating relationships between your data objects
Deploy the server-side GraphQL project to Heroku
And finally, create an Android App that interfaces with our GraphQL API
As you can see, this course covers all you need to know to become a well-rounded developer. You'll learn the backend and the front-end as well.
GraphQL is a big deal. So much that big companies, such as Facebook ( they created GraphQL ), Shopify, FairFax, Intuit, KLM, Paypal, Pinterest, Twitter and so many more use it!
I created this course with you in mind - I wanted you to be able to get up and running creating your own amazing projects with the tools and technologies I cover in the course.
By the end of this course, you will be fluently creating GraphQL API's and tie them up with any client (be it web or Android client). And that's when you will call yourself a true well-rounded developer.
See you inside.
- Novice and advanced developers who want to learn GraphQL
- Android Developers who want to build Backend API's with GraphQL
- Beginner Developers with minimum programming knowledge who are curious about learning GraphQL