The Complete Graphic Design Theory for Beginners Course
What you'll learn
- You will have intermediate to expert level knowledge of graphic design theory that you will immediately be able to apply to your career, job, hobby, or company.
- You will be given a major overview of the most common graphic design practices and the thought process behind these principles.
- You will be given real-world, applicable projects that you can follow along with and practice.
- You will achieve the experience and knowledge to take graphic design fundamentals and apply them in your everyday life.
- You will learn color theory and how it applies to the world around us, from products and art to branding and advertising.
- You will learn typography theory and how type plays a major role in both print mediums and digital media.
- You will learn photography composition and how it interacts with graphic design elements to create stunning looking artwork.
- You will learn layout, user interface and experience design, and composition to understand how to control what you want the viewer to see.
- You will learn about logo design and branding, and the way that you or your company can use these ideas to get in the eyes of more people.
- You will learn about past and current design trends that you can use as a source for creating your own original work.
- You will learn about the legal side of design and how you can take safe measures to make sure you are following the proper laws of copyright and trademarks.
- Learn the Step-By-Step process to becoming a graphic designer
- NEW! Learn some 2021 design trends to look out for with three new student projects
- This course is for beginners to graphic design theory and for anyone who wants to learn the basic principles of color theory, typography, layout design, photography, logo design, branding, and more as it relates to graphic design.
- You will learn intermediate and advanced terminology that you can use to incorporate in graphic design, user interfaces, mobile app design, logo design, t-shirt design, and other digital or print mediums.
- Though programs like Adobe Photoshop CC and Canva are used throughout this course, you will not need them unless you would like to follow along. The principles outlined in this course are transfereable to many applications, both digital and physical.
- Project files and resources can be found in available lessons located directly in this course.
NEW SECTION! 2022 Design Trends and Practical Projects added!
Learn Graphic Design Theory in this New Course!
Many people want to become designers but don't know the basic fundamentals of design at all.
It can takes years to piece together different ideas to truly begin to understand how it even works.
but it doesn't have to be like that.
By understanding the foundations of color, typography, layout, composition, branding, and other fields of study in the graphic design realm, you can propel yourself from a beginner to an expert, just by having the right education.
You have found the perfect course for learning graphic design. It doesn't matter if you have no experience at all, this course was designed to teach you design theory in the most effective means necessary.
With over 4.5+ hours (and counting) of video and practical projects to follow along with, this course is JAM PACKED with information to help you learn this graphic design theory!
The videos build on one another so that as you work through this course, you will understand more and more!
Pretty sweet, huh? :)
Not only that, but this course is also designed so that if you already know some design theory and just need help with a specific principle, you can skip directly to that topic!
So who can benefit from learning graphic design theory?
The fundamentals of design are useful for a lot of careers, industries, and hobbies. It doesn't matter if it's logo design, web design, social media, user interface design, advertising, product design, printing, or t-shirts. This course will cover ideas that can be used in any niche!
Each section goes into specific detail of the main principle being taught so that you get in-depth knowledge of that theory.
This course will cover:
The Basics of Graphic Design
Photography in Graphic Design
Modern Trends and Themes
The Legal Side of Graphic Design
and much, much more!
Other great stuff you might want to know..
Not only will you get over 5+ hours of video content (and counting) and lessons, project files, and a new life skill, you will also have direct communication with the instructors to help you along.
This includes direct messages, discussions, and specialized projects in the course that will allow you to interact with the instructors and others. There is even a facebook group to connect with Lindsay and I and other students to ask questions, get feedback and participate in design challenges.
Feeling lost? Don't worry, we are here for you!
As they say, "Come for the course, stay for the community."
What else is there to know?
Well there is that little 30 day money back guarantee thing.
That basically means that if you don't enjoy this course for any reason at all, you can get a full refund up to thirty days since the time you purchase it.
It's a win-win situation!
and we applaud winners.
So what are you waiting for?!
The time is now to stop procrastinating and begin learning graphic design theory so that you can take full advantage of everything that it has to offer!
Enroll now in this course and get started!
Who this course is for:
- This course is specifically design for beginners interested in graphic design theory. Philosophies and practical projects are given so that you not only understand the reasoning behind the theory, but you also get a chance to practice it to.
- This course is great for:
- - Graphic Designers
- - Website Designers
- - Logo Designers
- - UI / UX Designers
- - Product Designers
- - T-Shirt Designers
- - Businesses
- - Marketers
- - Social Media Experts
- any anyone else interested in learning the fundamentals of graphic design theory!
If anyone has questions about which course may work best for them, please feel free to contact or message me.
I have had many self-made titles over the years: Brand Manager, Digital Architect, Interactive Designer, Graphic Designer, Web Developer and Social Media Expert, to name a few. My name is Lindsay Marsh and I have been creating brand experiences for my clients for over 15 years. As a freelance graphic designer, I have worked on a wide variety of projects both in the digital and print space.
I have had the wonderful opportunity of taking classes at some of the top design schools in the world: Parsons at The New School, The Pratt Institute and NYU.
I have had the pleasure of teaching over 300,000+ students globally online. I have provided private tutoring in the the area of design and marketing for over 8 years. I am also now a certified Canva Certified Creative.
The thing I enjoy most of all about being a teacher is seeing my students flourish and to be able to start careers that are passionate and rewarding.
I have a Facebook group dedicated to helping my students thrive and start new freelance design businesses. I want to get to know my students and provide additional challenges that get them ready for wonderful opportunities in the design world.
My name is Jeremy Deighan and I am thrilled to be a part of the Udemy team of instructors, helping others achieve their own personal goals. I have had quite a range of skills and hobbies throughout my lifetime. I really enjoy teaching and hope to provide information to others on anything and everything I know how to do. Please take a moment to check out my courses, and if you take any please leave a review and any feedback you have.
Starting my own business in 2015 has led me down some interesting and wonderful paths in my lifetime. I've learned the ins and outs of management, marketing, accounting, sales, and other aspects of a business environment. The skills I've learned through podcasting, blogging, creating videos, and marketing is something I will carry the rest of my life into many other endeavors.
Art and Design
I have an extensive background in different forms of art and design. I have an Associate's Degree in Computer Animation and I've worked with various production houses to create awesome content. Adobe Photoshop has been a staple of my arsenal since I was 16 and I still use it faithfully to this day.
I also have a history in live visual arts, specifically lighting design for music events, festivals, theaters, and corporate gigs. My passion for the visual arts has helped me become a master in understanding lighting, color theory, and composition.
One of the first things I did as a young lad was learning music. Music is so powerful and one of my favorite things in life. I love playing music and have played various instruments; including guitar, bass guitar, drums, violin, and the saxophone.
I feel music can provide so many emotions and feelings, and also has scientific and mathematical characteristics. It is such a fun topic and I can't wait to begin creating courses on this subject.
Being a Capricorn and an INTJ means I am destined for organization and time management. I have a strong leaning toward seeing the bigger picture and finding ways to stay productive while working on different tasks and projects. Productivity, time management, project management, spreadsheets, and to-do lists are staples of my everyday work, and love teaching these skills to others.
Math, Science, and History
I can't tell you what the latest Kardashian is up to, but I can definitely tell you a lot about Crab Fisheries and the Egyptian King Khufu. Typically when I am studying something outside of the art and music realm, it has to do with math, science, and history. I'm just drawn to man's accomplishments and new ways of thinking about things.
Healthy Eating and Exercise
To live a long and balanced life, you need to eat right and take care of your body. It's a mission of mine to make sure that I am in the best physical shape so that I can be around long enough to provide for my family. If there's any courses that I can feel like I really can give back, it would be explaining to others how to maintain a healthy lifestyle. I mean, if you're not healthy, how can you help anyone else out?
I've also been very active in sports throughout my life. Usually, these are extreme sports such as skateboarding, surfing, and snowboarding. I'm also a big fan of running, mountain biking, and have taken various martial art forms in the past.
That explains a little about me and my background. It also gives me focus on some key things that I would like to teach in the near future, so look out for courses from me on these topics.