Graphic Design Masterclass Intermediate: The NEXT Level
What you'll learn
- You will be able to create polished and practical Logo designs and brand assets
- Be able to create images for a full digital marketing campaign, including Facebook and Instagram
- Produce complex photo manipulations for the use of ad design and understand solid layout and design principles
- Create realistic shadows and be able to do intermediate level photo retouching
- Sketch logo design and concepts with ease and understand the golden ratio and how to incorporate that in your design process
- Create and build a strong graphic design portfolio both in pdf and online
- Understand some of the many ways of making money by selling creative content and resources
- Understand how to use more intermediate tools in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop
- Explore what makes compelling advertising
- Study the Golden Ratio and create a graphic illustration with it
- Go through the entire package design process for a chocolate bar wrapper
- Create a typography only poster
- Learn what makes compelling infographics and take boring data and make it come alive.
- Create a magazine front cover and article spread using InDesign and talk about more intermediate topics like using photos and headlines to help craft stories
- Work through the ENTIRE logo Design process including how to present your work to clients, export files.
- Understand how to work with various print design projects
- Learn how highlights and shadows work to create realistic designs
- This is an intermediate level course: Basic working knowledge of Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator and InDesign - Some familiarity with basic tools and functionality
- Adobe Creative Cloud Highly Suggested, but older versions can still be used. Some tools like the content aware and shapebuilder tools will not be available on CS 5.5 or earlier versions.
NEW CONTENT ADDED FREQUENTLY!
Oct 2021 - New - Creating effective Highlights & Shadows on mockups
June 2021 - New - Create a Dynamic Seamless Instagram Carousel Post!
April 2021 - New - The Guide to Print Design 22 page pdf resource
April 2021 - New - The Practical Guide to Print Design!
May 2020 - New - Logo Design Presentation Template!
April 2020 - New - Adobe InDesign Portfolio Building Template!
Feb 2020 - New - The Full Logo Design Process and Downloadable Logo Design Worksheet Template
Feb 2020 - New - Mastering Isometric Grids!
Feb 2020 - New Portfolio Building Section - How to Build Strong Design Portfolios
Jan 2020 - New InDesign Project Added - Creating a Magazine Front Cover and Article Spread
Jan 2020 - New full page ad design project and Photoshop section added!
June 2019 - Create Compelling Infographics! (Section 11)
Nov 2018 - How to Price Your Freelance Projects! Updated lessons (Section 19)
Nov 2018 - New Package Design Lessons! Design a chocolate bar wrapper from start to finish
Oct 2018 - Project: Create a Poster Using Only Typography
Sept 2018 - New Lesson - Characteristics of Solid Logo Designs
Aug 2018 - The Legal Side of Design: Properly Using Photos, Fonts and Resources
The Graphic design masterclass intermediate level, are you ready to level up your design skills
Who should take this class? Those with very basic skills in Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator. You already may be familiar with the pen tool basics understand the layering system and know a few other basic tools. You have a little experience using these programs and have a solid basic working knowledge of these programs.
Or you have taken my Graphic Design Masterclass: Learn Great Design, the first in this masterclass series, although taking this class is not a requirement to join on this one, just those basic software skills. But this class Is a natural next intermediate step.
This is a practical design course meant to teach you techniques and skills by producing real world projects.
We will first talk about intermediate techniques when it comes to Adobe Photoshop, like diving deep with removing complex objects from photos and using the content aware tools. We then will talk about photo composites and put two totally different photos together using curves and other more intermediate Photoshop tools.
We will brush up on your brush tool in Photoshop to learn how to paint on realistic shadows that can be applied to a variety of situations.
We quickly get into real world projects by tackling a fast food burger ad that is both dynamic and helps us practice working with typography, headlines and effects in Adobe Photoshop.
This course includes a fairly large logo design section. We talk about the power of sketching our ideas on paper or in a digital sketching app. This course even includes an extensive downloadable logo design worksheet and we will work through the entire logo design process with the help of this worksheet. We talk about client presentation, when to present to clients, color and even exporting files.
The golden ratio is a great intermediate logo design concept to master and we will do just that in this course.
Speaking of grids we will not stop there, we talk all about the isometric grid system and work through an entire project using isometric grids to create a realistic 3D illustration.
New to this course is an intermediate InDesign section. We will walk through the creation of a magazine spread and cover and talk in more depth about creating strong editorial designs, headlines and crafting compelling stories with photos.
Infographics is a tough topic for designers and can have a steep learning curve, I thought it would make for the perfect project to work through together in this extensive section.
We will walk through topics about how to legally and safely use fonts photos and downloadable vector resources as this is impotent to any maturing designer.
Knowing how to craft effective ads is a great quality to have and can help you have more success as a designer, we will talk about how to create effective advertising as well as work through an entire social media campaign.
There are tons of extra project sections including one on creating a poster using just typography.
Package design is another great intermediate topic and we will go in-depth about the package design process including how to work with files, set them up and create a rich looking package design for a chocolate bar.
Graphic design is more than just creating projects it also about finding work and clients. I have included an entire portfolio building section where we talk about how to create stunning portfolio presentations and how to build them online and offline.
I hope you decide to join me for this incredible journey through lots of fantastic intermediate design topics, projects and more.
The Ready for the next Level?
This course is dynamic, so new lessons and bonus content will be added frequently!
Who this course is for:
- Those who are ready for an intermediate level design course and may already know the very basic tools of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Those with basic skills wanting to increase their knowledge in the area of logo design, branding, ad design, Photoshop editing and manipulation and digital design including social media ad design
- Those who enjoy learning by producing practical real world projects that are based on common projects seen in the industry
- Those interested in Logo Design and Branding work
If anyone has questions about which course may work best for them, please feel free to contact or message me.
I have had many self-made titles over the years: Brand Manager, Digital Architect, Interactive Designer, Graphic Designer, Web Developer and Social Media Expert, to name a few. My name is Lindsay Marsh and I have been creating brand experiences for my clients for over 15 years. As a freelance graphic designer, I have worked on a wide variety of projects both in the digital and print space.
I have had the wonderful opportunity of taking classes at some of the top design schools in the world: Parsons at The New School, The Pratt Institute and NYU.
I have had the pleasure of teaching over 300,000+ students globally online. I have provided private tutoring in the the area of design and marketing for over 8 years. I am also now a certified Canva Certified Creative.
The thing I enjoy most of all about being a teacher is seeing my students flourish and to be able to start careers that are passionate and rewarding.
I have a Facebook group dedicated to helping my students thrive and start new freelance design businesses. I want to get to know my students and provide additional challenges that get them ready for wonderful opportunities in the design world.