Graphic Design Foundation Course
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- To give aspiring creatives a thorough grounding in all aspects of art and design composition, and to impart gems of creative wisdom for anyone working in the creative industries.
- A pen and paper to take lots of notes, and access to the internet.
The Design-Eye Foundation Course comprises 34 training videos totalling near 3.5 hours, fronted by American presenter, Janie McGrath.
Fully referenced, the video chapters amalgamate the golden nuggets of information mirrored by 25 of the most popular design books and combine the gems with the experience of a seasoned video editor & graphic designer, utilising sensory rich language and exemplary visuals to aid deep learning and recall.
The course has been tailored for video editors, yet would prove interesting to anyone keen to improve their design-eye, photography and artistic skills.
- Students wishing to develop their creative sensibilities and anyone with a desire to become creatively literate.
Symmetrical Balance, Bilateral Symmetry, Asymmetrical Balance, Symmetry Vs Asymmetry, Balance & Horizon, Balance & Camera Angles
Rule of Thirds vs The Golden Ratio, Placing the Horizon with the RoT, Placing the Focal Point, Aligning the Subjects with the Lines, Placing an Eyeline, Area, Rule Breaking, Rule of Quarters
Contrast & Harmony, Contrast of Orientation, Contrast & Tension, Contrast of Direction, Colour Contrast, Contrast of Value, Contrast of Representation, Contrast of Detail, Contrast at Work in Design
Integrating People & Objects, Sympathetic Alignment, Light Wrap, Reflection, Top Layer, Lowering Transparency, Repetition, Ambiguous Space