- 5.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Master fundamental concepts in Graph Theory
- Get to know a wide range of different Graphs, and their properties.
- Be able to preform Elementary, Advanced Operations on Graphs to produce a new Graph
- Understand Graph Coloring.
- Understand Eulerian and Hamiltonian paths and circuits. And many related topics to Paths.
- Know how to turn a Graph into a Matrix and vice versa.
- Obtain a solid foundation in Trees, Tree Traversals, and Expression Trees.
- Have a good understanding of Graph Match.
- To know elementary operations like addition and multiplication
What is this course about?
Graph Theory is an advanced topic in Mathematics. On a university level, this topic is taken by senior students majoring in Mathematics or Computer Science; however, this course will offer you the opportunity to obtain a solid foundation in Graph Theory in a very short period of time, AND without requiring you to have any advanced Mathematical background.
You don’t need to know complex Mathematical statements, or rules, but ALL you need to know is simple mathematical operations like addition and multiplication. The course is designed to be understood by an 11th grader since the structure of the course starts with the very basic idea of how to create a Graph, and with each step the ideas get more and more complex. The structure of the course goes as following starting with the first section:
- Graphs: In this section you will learn basic definitions like Vertex, Edge, Distance, Contentedness, and many other concepts that are the alphabet of Graph Theory.
- Types of Graphs: In this section you will learn a variety of different Graphs, and their properties.
- Graph Operations: In this section you will learn different operations and different methods in making new Graphs.
- Graph Coloring: in this section you will learn Graph Coloring and many related concepts.
- Paths: in this lecture you will learn Euler and Hamiltonian Paths and Circuits, and many other concepts in that area.
- Trees: In this section you will learn about Trees, Tree Traversals, Binary Expression Trees and some more.
- And Graph Match: In this section you will about Graph Match and Graph Cover.
How are the concepts delivered?
Each lecture is devoted to explaining a concept or multiples concepts related to the topic of that section. There are example(s) after the explanation(s) so you understand the material more. The course is taught in plain English, away from cloudy, complicated mathematical jargons and that is to help the student learn the material rather than getting stuck with fancy words.
How to learn better?
Take notes and repeat the lectures to comprehend the concepts more. Also, there are quizzes every 3-5 lectures so you can test what you have learned and go over something if needed.
- Mathematics or Computer Science students
- Anyone interested in learning advanced Mathematics in an easy way