Google Sheets Basics: An Introduction to Google Sheets
What you'll learn
- Different ways of accessing Google Sheets and getting familiar with the Google Sheets interface
- Working with cells, rows, and columns, including group and merge
- PC and Mac keyboard shortcuts
- How to apply themes, formatting, and conditional formatting
- Inserting images, links, checkboxes, comments, and notes
- Making use of Google Drawings to insert videos and drawings
- Adding data validations and dropdown selections
- How to sort and filter data in Google Sheets and working with multiple sheets
- An overview of basic formulas and functions and how to use the Query function
- Creating charts and graphs, learning different chart types, editing, and customizing charts
- Sharing your sheet and collaborating with other users
- Publishing, downloading, and printing Google Sheets files
- A Google account to access Google Sheets
- No previous knowledge of Google Sheets required. This course is created for absolute beginners.
**This course includes course instructor files and exercise files to work with and follow along.**
Discover how to use Google’s popular online spreadsheet application with this comprehensive beginner course for Google Sheets. This application is perfect for collaboration as it allows you and other users to work on the same spreadsheet at once and have all your changes saved in real-time. No more conflicting changes and lost work! Think of it as using Excel, only better.
In this Google Sheets for Beginners course, we start from the very beginning, where we teach you how to create a sheet from scratch. We’ll work through rows and columns, themes, formatting, and a handful of keyboard shortcuts. We’ll also cover inserting images, checkboxes, and comments as well as using Google Drawing.
This course also discusses data cleanup and data validation, including how to create dropdown menus. We then move on to basic formulas and functions, sorting and filtering, working with multiple sheets, adding graphs and charts, and sharing your sheet.
This is a beginner-level course designed for Google Sheets novices who would like to get started with spreadsheets and is suitable for both PC and Mac users. We’ve also included accessible exercise and instructor files the same Google Sheets files that the instructor used in the tutorial so you can follow along.
What you’ll learn from this course:
Different ways of accessing Google Sheets
Getting familiar with the Google Sheets interface
Working with cells, rows, and columns, including group and merge
PC and Mac keyboard shortcuts
How to apply themes, formatting, and conditional formatting
Inserting images, links, checkboxes, comments, and notes
Making use of Google Drawing to insert videos and drawings
Adding data validations and dropdown selections
How to sort and filter data in Google Sheets
An overview of basic formulas and functions
How to use the Query function
Working with multiple sheets
Creating charts and graphs and learning different chart types
Editing and customizing charts
Sharing your sheet and collaborating with other users
Publishing, downloading, and printing Google Sheets files
This course includes:
4 hours of video tutorials
38 individual video lectures
Course and exercise files to follow along
Certificate of completion
Who this course is for:
- Google Sheets novice
- Those who want to use a web-based spreadsheet as an alternative to Excel.
Since 2008, individuals, small businesses, and Fortune 500 companies with thousands of employees have benefited from the easy and hands-on software training offered by Simon Sez IT. With over 9,000 video tutorials on a range of software programs, Simon Sez IT ensures stress-free eLearning and enhanced employee productivity - no matter whether you are implementing new software or a technological upgrade for your workplace. With over 770,000 Udemy students in over 180 countries, Simon Sez IT is the preferred online learning choice for individuals and businesses everywhere.