Using Google Maps API in React Native for iOS/Android
What you'll learn
- Learn how to build a map app for both iOS and Android
- Learn how to use react-native-maps
- Learn how to use Google Maps API
- Learn how to use Google Places API
- Learn how to use Google Routes/Directions API
- Know fairly basic React Native
In this course you will learn:
How to build a Maps app for both iOS and Android
How to install react-native-maps, and pitfalls you can avoid when doing so!
How to ask for permission to get users location
How to show the user location
How to follow the user location on the map
How to use Google Maps API's easily
How to use Google Places Autocomplete API, to autocomplete as the user types
How to use Google Directions API, to get directions from the user location to a location
How to display this route inside our React Native app
How to zoom out map to display our route
I'm will show the quickest and easiest path to get a map app up and running for both iOS and Android, saving you lots of time that I've used when I couldn't find help, or had to fumble around various bugs!
Who this course is for:
- React Native developer who wants a fast-track to using Maps and Google Maps API's!