Google Cloud Platform Certification Prep - Foundations
What you'll learn
- Know the Concepts and Terminologies that you need to work with Google Cloud Platform (GCP)
- Work with the Compute Engine, Cloud Storage, Cloud SQL and Big Query GCP services
- Create and Work with Google Cloud Platform Free Trial Account
- Manage GCP environments using three different methods (Console, Mobile App, Command-Line)
- Install and Configure GCP Cloud SDK
- Work with GCP command-line tools
- Use Cloud Shell tool to manage the GCP environment
- You'll need a Google/Gmail account and a credit card or bank account to sign up for the Google Cloud Platform free trial (Google is currently blocked in China).
- There is a known issue with certain EU countries where individuals are not able to sign up, but you may sign up as "business" status and intend to see a potential economic benefit from the trial. More details at: https://support.google.com/cloud/answer/6090602 • More Google Cloud Platform free trial FAQs are available at: https://cloud.google.com/free-trial/
- Basic proficiency with command-line tools and Linux operating system environments
This hands-on essentials course introduces you to the concepts and terminology for working with Google Cloud Platform (GCP). You learn GCP fundamentals, learn about product and services how to manage these services using the three different methods that GCP provides.
In this course you will start with knowing how to find information on the GCP and the services it has to offer and, then go on to learn about GCP core infrastructure - regions, zones and projects. In the lab lessons, you will learn how to create a trial account, use GCP console, mobile app and the command-line tools to manage the four most commonly used services.
You will deploy a website, upload files to cloud storage, set permissions to allow anonymous users to access your files in cloud storage, create and query a database in cloud SQL. You will also import data into BigQuery service and run a query to analyze the dataset.
At the end of this course, you will know about the Google Cloud Platform services and products- such as compute services, database services, IAM and security services, networking services, Big data services and Machine learning services. You will be able to to work with Compute, Cloud SQL, Cloud Storage and BigQuery services. You will be able to use command-line tools to deploy and delete multiple VM instances in the compute engine environment, import data into Cloud Storage using gsutil tool and use bq command-line tool to import data and run query for data analysis.
In the final lab lesson, you learn to work with compute, storage and databases and you also learn about the end state architecture that you use to build the solutions. In this step-by-step tutorial lab you not only learn to execute the commands but also understand what happens behind the seen when you run the command.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for technology professionals who want to learn Google Cloud Platform
I am Enterprise Cloud Architect with focus on IT transformation and transition of infrastructure and applications to hybrid cloud environments.
I am a Cloud adoption Strategy Advisor with 30+ Industry standard technical and business certifications, including AWS, VMWare, Microsoft, ITIL, ISACA and PMP.
I provide architectural consulting, direction and assistance in application and infrastructure transformation to cloud. I work with organizations to assess current platforms, architectures and technologies. I help to build transition roadmaps and develop solutions for multi-cloud hybrid environments (AWS, Google Cloud Platform, Azure and CloudStack). I also help develop conceptual architecture based on best practices that meet business need.