Google Chrome Extensions Development for beginners
What you'll learn
- Build Google Chrome Extensions
- Learn about different components of a chrome extension
- Load extensions into chrome extensions management page
- Create background scripts
- Add user interface to extensions
- Add css to extensions
- Add options page to extensions
- Create a zipped file for extension directory
- Setup chrome web store developer account
- Setup Google 2 step verification
- Upload and publish extension
- Knowledge of HTML Required
- Knowledge of CSS Required
Extensions are small software programs that customize the browsing experience. They let users tailor Chrome functionality and behaviour in many ways, providing things like:
Web page content enrichment
Fun and games
Extensions let you "extend" the browser by using APIs to modify browser behaviour and access web content. Extensions operate by means of an end-user UI and a developer API
An extension must fulfil a single purpose that is narrowly defined and easy to understand. A single extension can include multiple components and a range of functionality, as long as everything contributes towards a common purpose. User interfaces should be minimal and have intent.
Most Chrome users get extensions from the Chrome Web Store. Developers across the globe publish their extensions in the Chrome Web Store where they are reviewed and made available to end users.
Some organizations use enterprise policies to install extensions on their user's devices. These extensions may either be fetched from the Chrome Web Store or hosted on the organization's web servers.
You can distribute your extensions through the Chrome Developer Dashboard, publishing them to the Chrome Web Store.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners to Chrome Extensions Development
Bluelime is UK based and creates quality easy to understand eLearning solutions .All our courses are 100% video based. We teach hands –on- examples that teach real life skills .
Bluelime has engaged in various types of projects for fortune 500 companies and understands what is required to prepare students with the relevant skills they need.