Google Cloud Associate Cloud Engineer: Get Certified 2022
What you'll learn
- Learn how to pass the Google Certified Associate Cloud Engineer (ACE) exam
- Use the included practice test to prepare for the real exam
- Master working with Compute Engine, App Engine, Cloud Functions, and Kubernetes Engine
- Use the Google Cloud Console and command line to manage GCP resources
- Master key networking topics on the exam such as VPCs, VPNs, Load Balancing, and Hybrid Cloud
- Know how and when to use object, relational, and NoSQL datastores for cloud storage
- Explore specialized services such as Bigquery, Cloud Dataproc, Cloud Pub/Sub, and Cloud SQL
- Delve into key exam topics including IAM, load balancing, firewall rules, subnets, and the Resource Hierarchy
- Review fundamental concepts like IP addressing, CIDR blocks, DNS, and access controls
- No programming skills required
Do you want to earn your Google Associate Cloud Engineer certification? If so, you’ve come to the right place!
"Thank you Dan for such a useful course. ... Passed my exam in first attempt."
"Tried other courses earlier. This one is way better!"
Updated for 2021 with new material on databases, machine learning, caching, and more.
Hi, my name is Dan Sullivan, and as an early adopter of cloud technologies, I’m an experienced cloud architect and systems developer. I’m also the bestselling author of numerous technical books, an experienced in-person trainer, and an online trainer whose courses have been viewed over 1 million times.
Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is an increasingly popular public cloud and the demand for certified professionals is growing. In fact, the top-paying certification is one of Google’s cloud certifications—the Professional Cloud Architect. With that said, Google’s Associate Cloud Engineer certification is an ideal starting point for those new to cloud or GCP, and it can be used as a pathway to Professional-level certifications.
I’ve designed this course to help prepare you for the Google Associate Cloud Engineer exam by introducing all of the major GCP services covered on the test, including Compute Engine, App Engine, Kubernetes Engine, Cloud Functions, Cloud SQL, BigQuery, Bigtable, VPCs, VPNs, Stackdriver, and more. And to reinforce what you see and hear, you can follow along and work with the cloud console or command line utility to get hands-on experience with GCP.
In this course, you will learn how to:
Create and configure virtual machine instances in Compute Engine using the Cloud Console and command line
Dive into Identity and Access Management (IAM), an important part of the exam
Develop decision making skills for choosing among compute, storage, and networking options
Familiarize yourself with the structure of the test and how to study for it, including tips on other study resources
Improve your system management and DevOps skills by understanding how to monitor applications in the cloud
The Google Associate Cloud Engineer exam is two hours in length and contains 50 multiple-choice and multiple-select questions. This course uses demonstrations as well as lectures to ensure you know how to work with GCP and understand its key design and operational concepts. This approach will help you reason through tough exam questions that probe your understanding of GCP’s overall design and recommended best practices.
There is a lot to learn, so let's get started!
Updated July 2021: New material on Cloud Memorystore
Updated June 2021: Additional lecture on BigQuery ML
Updated August 2020: Additional lectures on Anthos, Cloud Run, Cloud Memorystore, Cloud Composer, Cloud Monitoring Agent, Cloud Data Fusion.
Image credit: Maxpixel Cloud-Computing-Network-Internet-Of-Things-Iot-3337536
Who this course is for:
- Students interested in passing Google’s Associate Cloud Engineer exam
- System administrators and DevOps professionals who want to improve their skills by understanding how to monitor applications in the cloud
- Architects who want an initial introduction to Google Cloud Platform or to help prepare for the Professional Cloud Architect exam
- Technical managers who want a broad review of the Google Cloud Platform
- Other professionals interested in understanding cloud computing
Dan Sullivan is a cloud architect, systems developer, and author of the Official Google Cloud Professional Architect Study Guide, the Official Google Cloud Professional Data Engineer Study Guide, and the Official Google Cloud Associate Engineer Study Guide.
He is an experienced trainer and his online training courses have been viewed over 1 million times. Dan has extensive experience in multiple fields, including cloud architecture, data architecture and modeling, machine learning, data science, and streaming analytics.
James is a technology writer with almost 10 years of experience writing on cloud databases, IoT, and IaaS solutions.