Google BigQuery guide for beginners 2021
What you'll learn
- Understand the concept of BigQuery and how does it stand next to other databases such as MySQL or Postgress
- Import your data to BigQuery and Cloud storage, create your table, export data
- SQL basics – SELECT, WHERE, ORDER BY, LIKE, JOIN, Date and String functions
- SQL aggregation functions - SUM, AVG, COUNT, HAVING and GROUP BY
- BigQuery ML to create your own machine learning model easily with SQL, make a time series prediction
- Visualise your data in Google Data Studio and make your own dashboard
- Advanced BigQuery concepts – Partitioning tables, Clustering and Nested Fields
- Window analytical functions - SUM() OVER (PARTITION BY...)
- Interest in data or cloud technologies
- No specific technical knowledge needed
I designed this class for people that are starting with Google Cloud Platform and BigQuery. I put 5 years of my knowledge into 3 hours of video content where I try to explain all the important concepts of BigQuery.
We will take it through:
Understanding the concept of BigQuery
Import your data into BigQuery and Cloud storage
SQL basics (WHERE, GROUP BY, JOIN TABLES, CASE WHEN)
SQL Date and String functions
SQL BigQuery specific features (Nested fields, Partitioned tables, Clustering)
SQL window analytical functions
BigQuery ML – create easily your machine learning models using SQL
Making a time series prediction using BigQuery ML
Visualise data in Data Studio
Export your data into Jupyter Notebook and Python using Google Collaboratory
This course is not supposed to master your SQL skills. Instead, I will take you through SQL basics and uncover to you the potential of BigQuery. In this class, I will take care that you know what BigQuery is, how you can get in and out your data, what are the most interesting features of BigQuery (BigQuery machine learning, Partitioning, Clustering, Nested fields...) and how you can use the advantage of them.
The best way how to get started with Google BigQuery in 2021. All the concepts and features I am showing in the UI are completely up to date. I will be happy to answer any questions.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner data scientists
- Geeks interested in Google Cloud
- Web or marketing analysts that want to extend their data skills
I have been working for 5 years as a teamleader of data team at Proficio company.
During that time, I've had an opportunity to work on several ecommerce projects and crystalised my analytical knowledge.
Using Google Cloud and BigQuery became my daily passion so I decided to share it with others here on Udemy.