Google Analytics Beginner to Intermediate | Hands-On Lessons
What you'll learn
- Starting from scratch, attain proficiency in Google Analytics for growth marketing
- Learn the essential tool to become an analyst, product manager or online marketer
- Online Customer Funnel and Google Analytics data model explained visually in detail
- 10 hands-on practice exercises with demo account structured like mini business use cases
- Professional tips from industry veteran who has used and taught Google Analytics for 9 years
- Quickly setup Google Analytics for your own website (simple cases)
- Access demo account for immediate hands-on learning
- Analyze and track online audience, behavior, acquisitions and conversions
- Walkthroughs and explanations of the most commonly used reports in the industry
- Create custom reports from scratch to export to Excel or share with others
- Primer for most important advanced reports including flows and cohort analysis
- Analyze smarter with Dimensions, Metrics and Segments
- Setup and work with goal tracking in Google Analytics
- Basic setup and administration for sole proprietor running an online business
- Review of the 35 most important terms and concepts in Google Analytics
- There are no pre-requisites or requirements for this course
This course will get a complete beginner using Google Analytics proficiently. This includes setting up, using and customizing reports, tracking user behavior and understanding the customer funnel. Adapted from 9 years of corporate training, this class focuses on building a foundation for its students.
Recorded in late 2020
Entire course produced and recorded in late 2020 to cover the most recent big release of Google Analytics 4 in October 2020.
Highly Rated Instructor
I am a 4.5 rated instructor on Udemy specializing in teaching analytics software. Read some of my 5-star reviews.
Student Reviews (from people I don't know)
★★★★★ "Absolutely brilliant. This is the first Google Analytics that helps me understand so clearly and easily. Brilliantly organized and recorded. Thanks a lot." – Urs Fehr
★★★★★ "I would highly recommend this course to anyone with no GA knowledge or experience as Travis does a wonderful job at explaining all the concepts that you need to know when using GA. I also like how he explains the thought process to use to help you get the most out of your data in GA." – Javier Inchausti
★★★★★ "He offered better content than other providers on Udemy. His ability to explain concepts is stellar. – Kevin Ast
★★★★★ "A++++” – Ricky Camilo
★★★★★ “This training was very, very useful. The lessons I learned hear will carry me throughout my professional career. The lessons were very informative.” – April Rouse
Many Hands On Exercises with Demo Account
This course is packed with hands-on exercise for a ready-to-go demo account. Each important concept is immediately followed up with an exercise to practice with. The exercises are modeled as case studies from real world business situations.
Learn from an Industry Veteran
The instructor adapted a very successful training program for marketers and analysts inside tech startups and tech companies to make this course. The instructor himself has used and taught Google Analytics for 9 years for giant tech companies as well as tech startups.
Start Mastering the Most Important Tool
Take this course to learn and proficiently use the most important tool in online marketing and e-commerce. Google Analytics is a very powerful tool, allowing a complete beginner to track and grow online stores, apps and websites. It is essential for growth in any online business.
Packed with Professional Tips
Every walkthrough has professional tips gained from years of experience using Google Analytics.
Some of the topics that will be covered in this course:
· Create an Account
· Access Demo Account for Practice
· Install Tracking Code
· Types of Users and Different Learning Tracks
· Walkthrough of Concepts for Newbies
· Data Model in Google Analytics
· The Online Customer Funnel
· 35 Terms and Concepts You Must Know
· 5-Step Process for Using Reports
· Navigate and Find the Best Report for Different Situations
· Complete Breakdown of How Reporting Works
· Dive into the Most Commonly Used Reports
· How to Use Advance Reports
· Save, Export, Share and Edit Reports
· Understand and Use Dimensions vs Metrics
· Understand Segments and Best Way to Use Them
· Overview of Dashboards
· Setting Up Simple Goals
· Events vs Tags
· Audience Reporting
· Behavior Reporting
· Acquisitions Reporting
· Conversion Reporting
· Cohort Analysis
· Users Flow
· Creating Explorer Custom Reports
· Creating Flat Table Custom Reports
· Custom Email Alerts and Delivery
· Sharing to Others
· Basic administrative tasks
You will also get the following:
Lifetime Access to All Future Updates
Lifetime Access to Q&A with the instructor
A 30 Day "No Questions Asked" Money Back Guarantee!
Who this course is for:
- Marketing professional who needs to be proficient with Google Analytics
- A data analyst who needs to learn online marketing and Google Analytics
- Anyone who has to understand their users to grow an online business
- Job interviewers who need a refresher
I have spent over 20 years teaching technology to managers both formally and informally. I love teaching or mentoring people in getting up to speed with digital transformation.
I specialize in teaching "difficult tech stuff" to "business people." Topics include analytics, data programming, product mgmt, agile project mgmt, business intelligence, Excel and other crucial analytics software.
Most recently, I have been a product management executive and digital transformation consultant to other executives. My first job was building and designing Excel formulas and VBA at Microsoft. I am a seasoned tech veteran who have since held management and executive positions in Silicon Valley, Austin and other international tech hubs.
I co-founded my first company at age 22 and have since participated in six successful exits as tech entrepreneur, investor and employee. The previous company I sold was for data analytics. I hold a masters degree in Computer Science and studied Financial Mathematics as well as a MBA.