Introduction to industry REST microservices in Golang (Go)
What you'll learn
- Install, configure and setup Go
- Analysis and design of REST microservices.
- Different architectures and patterns for implementing them in Go.
- Test as you Go. Ensure the quality of your work.
- Advanced concurrency patterns.
- Parallel execution on Multi-Core VMs.
- HTTP frameworks, comparison and appliance.
- Consuming external APIs. Test them. Mock them. Measure them. Use them.
- The ultimate and best way of mocking different layers of your application.
- Debugging and completely testing your application.
- Create native webservices.
- Just complete the Golang tour available at Golang's website
In this course I'm doing the very same I've been doing for the past 6 years: Analysis, design and development of high-performance microservices in Go.
This is not an introduction to Go's concepts, you have free resources for that like the Go Tour (I strongly suggest you to take it!). This is real-life and industry experience revealed in 13+ hours of video and resources that you will not easily find online.
We will cover everything you need:
Native web server.
Interfaces: How to design and implement them.
Dealing with dates.
Unit, Integration and Functional testing.
Mocking different artifacts of your application.
Consuming external APIs.
Mocking external APIs responses
Different concurrency designs based on each requirement.
Parallelism when we have multi-core VMs.
Stress-test our applications
Metrics, logging, debugging, profiling.
And a lots of more... EVERYTHING you need to work with this amazing technology.
Who this course is for:
- Software engineers.
- Software developers.
- Technical leaders.
- Anyone who wants to get serious about microservices in Go.
My name is Fede and I'm a Software Engineer from Córdoba, Argentina. I work in IT since 2004, you can always reach me in LinkedIn to see more about me. My day-time job is basically analysis, design and development of real-time and high-performance microservices.
Since I have a lot of experience in these topics and I'm always learning new ways of teaching these new concepts, I can ensure that you'll get the most of them: because I love what I do, because I'm not a fake, because I work with these topics on daily basis I can bet my name on what I know and because I have all of these concepts so deep in my head that I can share them without forcing the process. You will learn a lot, I will learn a lot and we're going to enjoy the journey.
If you have any doubt, take a look at my LinkedIn profile, take a look at my YouTube videos. Make your own search before getting someone who barely knows what he's talking about to teach you wrong concepts.
I'm sure you'll enjoy these courses as much as I've enjoyed working on them. Godspeed!