Go from scratch: Beginners-Friendly Guide
What you'll learn
- Install Go and all required tools and write your first program.
- The fundamentals of Go languages.
- How to work with variables, advanced data types and control structures.
- How to use Go standard tools and external libraries.
- How to use modules and other means to structure your code to make it more maintainable.
- Add behavior to your programs with functions, anonymous functions, methods.
- Exercises to master your knowledge.
- How to use databases (PostgreSQL) with Go.
- Basic concepts of parallelism and concurrency. How to use goroutines for parallel code execution and channels for passing data between them.
- Work with API and expose functionality of your application via REST APIs.
- How to develop web application from scratch.
- Any prior programming experience will help.
- Windows, macOS or Linux PC or laptop.
Welcome to the "Go from scratch: Beginners-Friendly Guide" course!
Go is a modern, simple and neat programming language which allows to build efficient and reliable software and adopt all modern trends and cutting-edge technologies in IT infrastructure like multicore-CPU's, microservices architecture, APIs, etc.
Go has absorbed all the accumulated experience of many generations of software developers. That's why despite the fact that Go is a young language it is very mature and stable. It is very efficient in terms of performance, speed of development and execution.
By taking this course you can learn the basics of Go in a few days and start to develop real applications. We start with very basics and we will cover all the things from fundamental concepts of the language, data types and execution flow control statements to developing working web application from scratch.
What you will learn?
pros and cons of Go language
how to use Go tools and Go standard library
data types and control statements
advanced data structures
parallelism and concurrency in Go
how to structure you code
how to use third-party libraries
working with databases (PostgreSQL)
using Bootstrap to style your web applications
using Gin framework for API and dynamic page requests routing
how to develop an application from scratch
At the end of the course you will have enough knowledge to use Go for real world application. The main audience for the course is beginner developers with little or no prior experience of programming in Go and people who want to switch from other programming languages. The course contains both theoretical part and live coding sessions.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is curious about Go language.
- Beginner Go developers and people who want to start their developer career.
- Programmers in other languages who want to learn Go.
- People who want to write efficient and reliable software.
Hi! I'm Denis and I'm a professional software engineer and solution architect with more than 15 years of experience in building application solutions using different technologies and frameworks and a solid practical background in IT infrastructure services and technical expertise.
I'm passionate about having hands-on experience with cutting-edge technologies and new tools.
The other thing that I do like is teaching people and share my expertise. And I would like to think that I can help people by doing that and make some positive impact on their lives. I hope you will enjoy my first course on Go programming language that I've published on Udemy. I tried to make it concise and useful.