Mastering Hyperledger Chaincode Development using GoLang
What you'll learn
- Chaincode development using GoLang
- Application Development using Fabric Node SDK
- Use of Private Data
- Use of Instantiation & Endorsement policies
- Building support for Rich Queries & Asset History
- Building Programmatic access control with "Client Identity Library"
- Testing tools for Chaincode such as Golang Testing framework & MockStub
- Basic understanding of Hyperledger Fabric | Distributed Ledger Technology
- Basic knowledge of GoLang (no need to be an expert)
- Have some idea of Docker (but open to refer to documentation)
- OK with using the Linux terminal | shell scripts
- Comfortable with installation of softwares on machines
- Node JS is good to have as course also covers the Fabric SDK for Node
- A PC or Mac with decent Internet connection
April 2020 - Course updated to Fabric 2.1
Developers face many challenges when it comes to developing Hyperledger Fabric Chaincode.
Lack of documentation from developer's perspective
Need to setup the Fabric development environment
Non-availability of development tools | standard practices
No comprehensive guide on how to productively develop chaincode
This course is my attempt to address all of these challenges.
E.g., Student do not need to spend time on setting up dev environment from scratch - course provides "One Click Launch"
E.g., Course provides development utilities that will help developers to focus on learning to code
E.g., Shows step by step how to leverage various Fabric concepts to build working chaincode
E.g., Working chaincode for ALL concepts covered in the course
E.g., Commands to be used for development purposes (wrapped in utility scripts as part of the course)
Utility scripts are provided to achieve developer productivity; long commands on command line are difficult to follow & type
Students may need to go through some of the utility scripts on their own
PLEASE DO NOT JOIN THE COURSE if you do not like to use productivity/development scripts and rather type long command on the terminal prompt :-)
This is a Hands on course. Please do NOT join if you do not have experience in coding
Take a preview of the lectures. Please do NOT join if you do not understand my accent or lecture pace :-)
Ready to use development environment setup with multiple configurations (project repository available for download)
Hyperledger Explorer setup that may be launched by students to get a graphical view of the network
Provides easy to use tools/scripts so that developers can focus on learning Chaincode development
Sections start by going over the concepts. Walk through lectures show the concepts in action with REAL code
Every section requires the student to do coding (exercises)
ALL sections | ALMOST all lectures requires the student to do Hands On activities
Setup the development environment
Basics of Fabric platform from development perspective
Structure of the GoLang Chaincode
Unit | Integration testing of chaincode
Designing for Private Data | Transactions
Setting up the Endorsement Policies
Querying with Rich Query Functions (using CouchDB)
Accessing the Asset History
Implementing Access | Authorization control using "Client Identity Library"
Building Applications using Fabric Node SDK
What is NOT covered in this course?
Basics of Hyperledger Fabric
Fabric Binaries details such as peer, orderer, configtxgen, cryptogen ...
Fabric certification authority (course mostly uses cryptogen generated crypto)
Design & Setup of Multi Org Setup
ALL of the above have been covered in my other courses. Please check them out.
Who this course is for:
- Hyperledger Fabric Architects | Developers |Operators
- Tinkerers and Experimenters interested in gaining Hands-On knowledge of Enterprise grade DLT platform
- Blockchain Enthusiast
I am a hands-on Information Technology consultant experienced in large scale applications development, infrastructure management & Strategy development in Fortune 500 companies. I have 20+ years of experience in IT industry; a passionate technologist who loves to learn and teach technologies.
In my current role (day to day job) I partner with large enterprises to adopt AWS Cloud, Microservices, API, AI, Machine Learning & Blockchain. I hold all 11 AWS certifications.
Since 2016, I have published 9 courses on Udemy and other learning portals. Thanks to over 90K students worldwide for their continuous support and encouragement.