Godot Beginner Course - Learn How To Make Games
What you'll learn
- Fundamentals of the Godot game engine
- How to use Nodes and Scenes to create games in Godot
- Scripting fundamentals with easy to learn GDScript
- How to use Signals in Godot
- How to structure game projects in Godot
- How to create 2D games with the Godot Engine
- Essential game development knowledge that you need
- A computer with internet connection.
- Understanding of basic programming principles. If you know variables, functions and loops you are good to go.
- A desire to learn game development.
This course will teach you everything you need to know in order to start making games in Godot 3.
You don't need any prior experience with game development, this course is aimed at complete beginners who have no previous knowledge or experience with game development.
This course aims to be an introduction to the Godot Engine and help beginners get started with creating games their own games using this awesome tool.
In this course you will learn:
Fundamentals of the Godot game engine
How to use nodes and scenes (Godot's building blocks)
Scripting with GDScript (Godot's easy to use programming language)
How to design games in the Godot game engine. You are going to learn the mindset of a Godot developer when it comes to designing a project.
You will create 2 awesome games after learning all the basics that you need.
The first project is a clone of the classic arcade game pong.
Next you will build a space shooter shoot'em up game called Star Shooter.
After all of that you will have all the basic knowledge you need to get started with making games with Godot.
At the end of this course, you will have a solid grasp of the basics of Godot that you can start building upon. You will be able to start developing your own games by yourself!
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who want to get started with game development with Godot.
- Intermediate developers coming from a different engine who want to learn Godot.
- Experienced devs who want to get up to speed with Godot.
Hi there, I'm Kaan and I'm an independent game developer. I have been making games for over 5 years. I studied at Japan Electronics College in Tokyo learning all about computer science.
I taught thousands of beginners game development and programming principles. I know exactly how you feel and what you are looking for and I try to make it so that my courses are the perfect fit for you. I remember my own struggles during my learning journey and I try to use those memories as reference points for my lectures.
Making games is my PASSION. I'm in love with the whole process of creating a game, from idea to the end product.
I decided to become a Udemy instructor in order to share my knowledge with people like you. I believe that the best people on this planet are the ones that share their knowledge with others. I know that I wouldn't have learned so much without the help of others.
And now I'm here for you! I hope to see you in one of my classes!