Go Lang for Tourists (glft : golang)
What you'll learn
- At the end of this course, students will know the fundamentals of Go programming on which to start building useful applications.
- Students will complete this course knowing the major features of the Go Programming Language.
- Students will learn the basics of concurrency, go routines, and web programming just to name a few.
- Students will need to know basic computer usage, like how to create and save a file.
- Students will need to know how to install software on their computer.
- Students should have basic typing skills.
Welcome to “Go Lang for Tourists”. This course is intended to be an introductory course for anyone who would like to learn the Go Programming Language.
As the title indicates, like a tourist to a new place, this course presents the highlights of the language to those who are unfamiliar with Go.
If you already know some Go, you may be interested in “Go Lang for Adventurers” or “Go Lang for Natives”.
In this course, we will be looking at the major features of Go, that makes it stand out from some of the other newer languages. For example, how does Go deal with concurrency, memory management, arrays, exception handling, and object-oriented programming, just to name a few?
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is curious or wants to learn computer programming, but don't know where to start.
- Programmers who is looking to add new and relevant skills.
Verrol is currently works for a big data company as a support engineering for the Hadoop eco-system of projects.
Verrol has conducted several computer programming and IT related classes/courses.