How to Make Melt & Pour Soap - Beginners Step by Step Guide
What you'll learn
- Make a range of melt and pour soaps , that will be ready in a few hours, using pre-made soap bases, colours and fragrances.
- Use a variety of techniques to create stunning visual effects in the soap
- Use natural and cosmetic colours to get the look you want, whether you want fun or the natural rustic feel.
- Add natural ingredients to achieve an exfoliating effect in your soap
- Embed objects and soap shapes in bars or loaves of soap to create fun, fabulous soaps
- How to make soap without lye
- How to make soap for children to help with
- This course is for complete beginners or people who have used melt and pour soap but would like to learn additional techniques.
- No previous knowledge is required as this course takes you step by step through the process
- You need to be able to calculate simple percentages
Take this course and you will learn how to make fun, visually stunning soaps, using pre-made bases, colours and fragrances
You will be able to create a whole range of fabulous soaps using a range of techniques, from rustic, natural soaps to fun, eye catching soaps that children and adults will love
You will have a new hobby that you can do with older children, safely in your kitchen
The course will give you all the information that you need about oils, butters, fragrances and colours, so that you can you can ingredients to your soaps to add enriching and moisturizing qualities to them. You will also see how to add natural ingredients to your soap to create exfoliating properties.
You will discover the difference between essential and fragrance oils and how and when to use them
I will share ideas for saving money on molds and equipment so you can get started cheaper.
You will make products so amazing that your friends and family will be asking you to make some for them.
The packaging ideas will enable you to create fabulous gifts for family and friends.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for anyone looking for a fun, creative new hobby that they can do at home, and children can join in, with supervision
- The complete beginner, or someone has got very basic experience with melt and pour soap and wants ideas of ways to create different effects with ingredients, techniques and colours
- Anyone who is looking to produce soaps that don't contain skin irritants
- Anyone who makes Cold Process Soap and wants a simple, quick way to make embeds to use in, or the decorate their soap
- Anyone who is looking for a way to make some money with a side business, or just earn some extra money to fund this new hobby.
I have been making soap, candles and bath products for over 25 years and over the last 20 years, I have taught face to face courses and created a number of online courses.
I started with the Melt and Pour soap method and then went on to make soap from scratch using the Cold Process method. I love to share my expertise with others, which led me to start teaching soap making from my home. Now my course is an online version, which allows me to share my passion with students from all over the world, who want to learn or master soap making.
I have successfully sold my soaps, bath products and candles to friends, co-workers, at craft fairs and online.
The best thing about Hot and Cold Process soap making and candle making is that you can make totally natural products that do not contain any harmful chemicals. I can teach you how to make a simple, plain bar of soap, or how to unleash your creativity using fabulous colouring techniques. I have studied aromatherapy, so am the perfect person to guide students in the use of essential oils.
I have always loved teaching and love the satisfaction of teaching a complete beginner to make something creative and seeing or hearing about their delight in the fabulous results they have achieved. Udemy's discussion area is perfect for following up with students and sharing in their successes.
Join my courses and let me help you have fun and make amazing soap, bath products and candles.
Howorama Inc. specialises in the creation of online courses. Howorama Inc is owned and run by Shona and Chris O'Connor.
Shona currently teaches courses about soap making, candle making and bath products. The courses range from beginner level to more advanced.
Chris teaches courses about Retro Gaming.
Both instructors have been teaching on Udemy for several years and have produced numerous courses.