Get Out of the Gluten Glut (Part 2): How to Go Gluten-Free
- 43 mins on-demand video
- 23 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Determine whether gluten is affecting you.
- Understand which tests are best and where to order them.
- Feel supported by food guides & recipes (in Lecture Notes)
- Be equipped to carry out an Elimination Diet.
- Have an understanding of how to identify gluten in the home & remove it.
- Feel able to buy and cook gluten-free meals and snacks.
- Feel safe when eating out in the gluten-full world.
- Understand difference between hidden and major sources of gluten.
- Understand where hidden gluten could be lurking & whether it should be avoided.
- Feel supported and confident about going gluten-free.
- Know that many celebrities and athletes are gluten-free, and understand why they made that choice.
- Curiosity & a sense of humor.
- No scientific knowledge or prior understanding of gluten is required.
- Recommended: Part One of Get Out of the Gluten Glut, at www.Udemy.com/glutenglut
Gluten, the main protein in wheat, has been implicated in many health problems. Modern Wheat is a Brand Spankin' New food that our bodies can't process very well (some having more trouble than others).
This is Part Two of the "Get Out of the Gluten Glut" series of courses. It covers how to adopt a gluten-free lifestyle, how to get tested for Celiac/Gluten Sensitivity, how to face and avoid common challenges & pitfalls and special considerations for the very sensitive. Lecture notes include recipes and food guides. (Please check out Part One and Part Three, as well!)
12 lectures, most fewer than 5 minutes long, answer the following questions, and more! (Each lecture is accompanied by a fill-in-the-blank worksheet that can be completed during or after the lecture.)
- What tests are available for Celiac/Gluten Sensitivity & which are best?
- How do I do an elimination diet?
- What foods contain gluten?
- How do I deal with Wheat Withdrawal?
- How do I survive in the gluten-full world?
- How strict do I need to be with my gluten-free diet?
- How does wheat affect blood sugar?
- What special considerations do I need to make if I'm very sensitive?
- What athletes and celebrities are on a gluten-free diet?
The new "trend" of gluten-free eating is not a trend at all! It's an important precaution against developing a chronic health condition or dangerous disease.
Damage done by gluten can happen slowly over time so it might be confused with “normal aging”. But, the damage can be stopped... and can often be reversed!
The material is not overly scientific- just enough to get the gist. And I tried to make it fun with animations and strong visuals.
The two well-known conditions caused by wheat, Gluten Intolerance and Celiac Disease, have a frustratingly enormous variety of potential symptoms!
What Are the Students Saying? The following are comments about Part One of Get Out of the Gluten Glut:
- "So easy to follow! I love Anne Buzzelli's way of instructing. She makes everything very easy to visualize and makes me laugh. I had so much fun learning about gluten: how often can you say that?" ~JB
- “Great presentation: I was so impressed by this course, primarily because it presented the science in an easy to understand way but did not talk down to the viewer. It was a high quality production and very enjoyable to watch. The length was perfect, I think because it was so well organized. An hour well spent in search of better health.” ~AC
- “Explains why gluten can be dangerous: I found the information to be enlightening. It was concise, and it explained to me why Gluten or Gliadin could be a contributing factor to my health woes. I don't think it's too much to ask of us that are suffering from major health problems to go gluten free. Is your health not worth that much?” ~LH
- “Science made simple!: Since going gluten free is trendy these days, up your cocktail party ante with REAL SCIENTIFIC knowledge about why you don't indulge gluten. After watching this series, you will have your reasons - less likely to die an inflamed death, for example. Anne Buzzelli doesn't mince words but eases you into the shocking truth with clever graphics and saucy time travel. I highly recommend this series for the gluten-curious.” ~K
- “Entertaining and Informative! Worth taking the course: The instructor, Anne, presents the adverse effect of modern wheat in a unique way that captures your attention. The music, videos and cool animations are amazing as well! These lectures are not boring like traditional ppt slideshows. I was shocked to find that the food that I consider healthy, like wholegrain bread, are killing me! Thanks Anne for sharing your knowledge and making us aware of the side-effects of gluten.” ~AP
- “Excellent course!: Anne provides a very thorough yet entertaining history of the wheat - from the beginning when hunter gatherers started consuming wheat to our current food system. This course also does an excellent job explaining the negative health effects of today's wheat. This is a great course for healthcare professionals as well as anyone trying to get healthy!” ~MW
- “Informative and fun!: This course is fantastic, evidence based, and interesting! She even held my 5-year-old's attention! :)” ~P
- “Nice efforts: I find this course interesting. Some of the terms were bit technical to me but to summarize, genetically modified food have negative impact on human body and require more research to find alternative technology to overcome negative impact on human body.” ~VJ
- “Awesome: An excellent, easy to understand, explanation of Wheat and its dangers.” ~PT
A full-length movie version of this video ran on YouTube for a short time and viewers had some great things to say!:
- “I was amazed at how much I learned from a short video! I've definitely been eating too much wheat in my diet and this video shed a lot of light on why so many parts of my body feel so inflamed!” ~A in Pittsburgh
- "The video does an excellent job of teaching, which is the point! As a former teacher, I can really appreciate that. And I love the funny parts; it kept me giggling." ~ K in Staunton
- “This video is so informative in a playful, creative and thoroughly entertaining style! Absolutely charming. My knowledge on wheat & gluten dangers is so much clearer now. Thank you for creating this highly informative video!” ~M in Beverly Hills
- “Great video! You explained the issues in a very clear and entertaining manner.” ~ C in Colorado Springs
- “I wish your wheat video could be played in every primary school, middle school, high school and university!” ~T in Bermuda
- "I LOVE your video! You have created an easy to follow and entertaining presentation on the dangers of wheat! I am 9 months grain free (mostly Paleo) and I too love the Wheat Belly book! You put into simple English what I have been trying to explain to my friends and family. I am sharing it with everyone I know. Thank you!" ~J from Upland
- Any human who eats food.
- Anyone considering experimenting with a gluten-free diet.
- Anyone supporting a friend/family member who's gluten free.
- Anyone currently following a gluten-free diet, who wants another perspective or who needs a refresher.
- Anyone who has tried a gluten-free diet in the past with disappointing results.
- Any person with any health condition.
- Anyone wanting to be proficient in this gluten-aware world.
- Any people working in the food service industry who may need to work with gluten-free individuals.
This lecture answers the question: "Is gluten affecting me?" and describes the Gluten Sensitivity Spectrum. Course materials: Fill-in-the-blank study sheet.
This lecture describes describes testing for Celiac disease and Gluten Sensitivity. It describes why conventional testing is not ideal, and provides better testing options, along with the labs that offer them. Course materials: Fill-in-the-blank study sheet.
This lecture describes the Gold Standard for gluten testing: the Elimination Diet. Course materials: Food Journal & fill-in-the-blank study sheet.
This lecture covers which foods contain gluten, both major and hidden sources. Course materials: Exhaustive list of major & hidden gluten sources along with fill-in-the-blank study sheet.
This lecture summarizes the ways in which gluten can harm the human body. It's an excerpt from Get Out of the Gluten Glut Part One. Course materials: Fill-in-the-blank study sheet.
Many thanks to those who helped make Get Out of the Gluten Glut possible!
~ Norm Shafer Photography