Global Health - The Essentials
- No prior knowledge or experience of global health is required
In this groundbreaking online course you will learn how political, economic, and social issues can affect the health of populations around the world. You will gain valuable skills in critical thinking and be able to speak knowledgeably about key issues in global public health, including the global burden of disease, infectious diseases, and health systems.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone interested in learning more about international population health
- 04:10The Origins of Global Health
- 03:37Key Definitions in Global Health
- 18 questionsSection 1 Quiz
I am a junior doctor based in the UK, graduating from King's College London with an MBBS and MPH (Master's in Public Health). I have a keen interest in global health, infectious diseases and teaching. I have been actively involved in research and teaching both in clinical medicine and global health, publishing in numerous peer-reviewed journals including the BMJ, and presenting at international conferences on a range of topics. Outside of work I enjoy playing the guitar and piano, travelling, and reading.