Your Guide to the Pharmaceutical Industry
What you'll learn
- Learn essential facts about medicines and the structure of the pharmaceutical industry around the world
- Answer questions about the industry today and the major developments
- Explain where are the major markets and who are the major players
- Explain which drugs are the most successful
- Explain which disease areas are of greatest interest
- Discover how the industry has evolved and how the industry is adapting
- An interest and a willingness to start building your knowledge of the pharmaceutical industry
- No prior pharmaceutical knowledge is required
Are you interested in the pharma industry? Would you like to talk confidently about pharmaceuticals and healthcare?
The pharmaceutical industry is one of the most dynamic and exciting professions in the world. It can be hugely rewarding professionally, personally and financially! There are tremendous opportunities for those that are able to develop their expertise and work closely with the pharma industry.
By the end of this course you will be able to talk confidently about the pharmaceutical industry during a presentation, in an interview, with co-workers, with customers or in general conversation with friends.
Phil Yates has been working with the global pharmaceutical industry for over 30 years. He is an Associate Member of the Healthcare Communications Association, an Advisory Board Member of AllaboutMedicalSales and an author on training matters for Pharmafocus and Pf magazines and a judge for the Pf Awards.
This concise and enjoyable course helps you learn quickly and easily.
After taking this course you will:
- Be able to explain the structure and function of the global pharmaceutical industry
- Be aware of the key players within the industry
- Know which disease areas are of greatest interest to the industry
- Know which medicines have been the most successful of all time
- Appreciate how the industry has evolved and how it is adapting to the many issues it faces
The course also includes quiz questions along the way to help you to build your industry knowledge in a fun way.
Build your understanding of how the pharmaceutical industry works with this easy-to-follow course explaining the facts you need to know.
Let’s get started!
Who this course is for:
- An ideal course for newcomers or anyone interested in the industry looking to enhance their pharma knowledge
- Those looking to talk confidently and become better prepared for working with the pharmaceutical industry
- Students, Professionals, Businesses, Patients, Carers and anyone looking to build their expertise in the pharma industry
Phil Yates is an accomplished presenter, trainer, facilitator and coach who has acquired a reputation for delivering training of the highest quality.
Phil is Managing Director of Coachwise Consultants Ltd. and he has worked with the pharmaceutical industry for over 30 years.
With a degree in Biological Sciences and a Postgraduate Diploma in Education, Phil started teaching Biology & Physics in the UK before joining the pharmaceutical industry within which he held roles within sales, marketing, training and management.
Phil is qualified to administer and provide feedback on the Myers Briggs Personality Type Indicator (MBTI®) and he is a Certified Neuro-Linguistic Programming (NLP) Master Practitioner. He has a Diploma in Marketing and a Diploma in Life Coaching, and he is a Course Director within the Training Faculties of the Chartered Institute of Marketing (UK) and Management Centre Europe (Brussels).
Phil is an Associate Member of the Healthcare Communications Association, an Advisory Board Member of AllaboutMedicalSales and an occasional author on training matters for Pharmafocus and Pf magazines and a judge for the Pf Awards. Phil is also a Registered Hypnotherapist and Trainer of Hypnosis under the American Board of Hypnotherapy.