GitLab CI: Pipelines, CI/CD and DevOps for Beginners
What you'll learn
- What is a pipeline
- Automate your build, test & deployment with Gitlab CI
- Demonstrate your understanding of building CI/CD pipelines to future employers
- Automatic deployments using AWS
- GitLab .com account (the free plan works very well)
- Basic experience with Linux, Linux commands and using the terminal
- Know how to work with Git (basics like configuring a repository locally, cloning, merge, commit, push)
- Admin permissions that allow you to install additional tools (Node, npm, Docker, Virtualbox)
his course is neither endorsed by, nor in partnership, nor affiliated with GitLab, Inc.
This course will teach you how to use Gitlab CI for your own projects. You will learn the basics of CI/CD and start building pipelines right from the first lecture.
- have an overview of the Gitlab architecture
- create a simple pipeline
- learn the CI/CD practice by deploying a simple website
- use Docker images within Gitlab
- learn how to deploy a Java application to AWS, using AWS S3 and AWS Elastic Beanstalk.
This course will NOT make you a GitLab CI / DevOps expert
A lot of courses promise you will become an expert. Becoming an expert in any tool comes with time and hard work. It simply does not make sense to promise something like that. It will not be honest.
This is a course designed for beginners. Learning to build pipelines is a try-and-error process that can be very frustrating. You need to understand the tools you use and how GitLab can support your needs. In the end, GitLab is just a tool.
What I will try is to explain to you the basics and offer you enough practice opportunities so that you can apply what you learn easily in your own projects as well. I will show you how to build pipelines with Gitlab CI.
Who this course is for:
Software developers learning to build pipelines in order to test & deploy code
IT Professionals: Developers, Software Engineers, Application Architects, Infrastructure Architects, and Operations
Who this course is for:
- Software developers learning to build pipelines in order to test & deploy code
- IT Professionals: Developers, Software Engineers, Application Architects, Infrastructure Architects, and Operations
Vijay Patel started his career as QA Engineer and with his 11 years of professional experience in QA/DevOps/Development, he started training of AWS Solution Architect, Terraform, Chef, Ansible, Linux, Jenkins, and other DevOps. technically savvy professional having 11 years’ experience working with emerging technologies tied to DevOps, in which major part I spent in simplifying automation and deployment for enterprise clients and their projects.
In my role as a DevOps, I orchestrate the journey of software development from commit to production. I drive performance and reliability across multiple platforms, working closely with Development and QA community to understand requirements for the build, test, deploy and release processes. My experience crosses shortening and automating testing and release cycles to get it done faster.
In addition to DevOps, I’m very interested in sharing knowledge. My experience revolves around providing strategic leadership for the development of agile, cost-effective cloud solutions using Best DevOps Practices so that the one can arrive at the best possible outcome.