Git GUI, Git Bash and Jenkins
What you'll learn
- Understand the Concepts of Version Control.
- Learn the Git operation and able to use commandline as well as GUI tool.
- How to create Repository in GitHub.
- How to integrate Git client with GitHub.
- Understand the communication between Local to Remote repository in detail.
- Installing and configuring the Jenkins.
- Integrating Git and Build Environment with Jenkins.
- Creating a simple Java project and enable this as a Git project.
- How the build xml file is used in the Invoke Ant call.
- Knowledge about Jenkins workspace and how the build xml file reads source code from this workspace.
- No Programming experience needed.
In this course, each topic is explained in detail to help the learner to understand the concept deeply. The course starts with basic concepts and the implementation of those concepts. The course teaches git functionalities using both command-based and GUI, how to set up Jenkins, and how to integrate Jenkins with Git. You will also get a basic idea of how to use the Ant script. This script is used to build the Java project. Those who have not experienced Java can easily understand the Java project example in this course.
The version control terminologies like a local repository, remote repository, check-in (push), check-out(pull), merge, commit, etc. are explained and implemented using Git. You can find these operations are implemented using Git Bash and also using Git GUI. The developers can use Git bash or Git GUI whichever they are comfortable with.
Each practical lab is started from scratch so that students can understand the end-to-end process clearly. The implementation follows the proper sequence so that developers can know what actually they have to do while learning.
GitHub is used as the Remote repository. You can find a detailed explanation of how to create the repository, initialize the repository, and how we can commit the changes directly in GitHub. The comparison between Local commits and Remote commits is explained during the practical exercise.
This course also covers Git installation, Git configuration, Jenkins Installation, Jenkins Configuration, and GitHub Configuration.
Who this course is for:
- Beginners who want to start their career in DevOps
- Experienced professionals who want to learn CI/CD
15+ years of experience in the IT industry and worked in java and middleware products. Interacted with different industry experts and implemented integration solutions for their businesses. I have trained students and professionals from different geographies, and happy to deliver the best training in Integration. I have worked for different MNCs and specialized in Integration, ESB, DevOps, and java technologies. I believe in practical and quality training sessions that will empower people to deliver quality products.