GIT for beginners
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to install software on your computer
- Admin rights may be required for software installation
Are you front-end developer or back-end, in gaming or fintech development - doesn't matter. Version control system - is what unites us all. We work in teams and have to coordinate our work and code to deliver a high-quality solution.
Git is the best tool to control your code. Learn concepts of Git to simplify your work!
- Beginner software engineers
- Anyone interested in using source control and specifically Git
- Freelancers or other creative professionals
- VCS Concept
- Version control types
- Why Git
- Download, install and configure
- Create a GitHub repo and clone it
- Pull from remote
- Git GUI and gitk
- Inside .git folder
- Undoing changes
- Git reset
- Git revert
- File .gitignore
- Branching and merge
- Conflict resolving
- Git rebase
- Git tags
- Branching strategies (workflows)
- And one more
- Bonus: More Content!
Senior Software Engineer with more than 8 years of production experience in Web Development. Experienced both in frontend and backend technologies.