- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- step by step approach to Git with GitHub for developers, designers and data scientist from zero to advanced level
- Go from zero to hero with Git source control step-by-step with easy to understand examples
- Execute basic Git commands in the command line (Terminal for Mac Users, and Git Bash for Windows Users)
- Confidently apply and Work for any solid or start up company and feel comfortable using Git commands on the companies project(s)
- Learn Git, GitHub, and command-line basics to collaborate with other developers and deploy your projects
- Gain a clear understanding on the basic Git workflow
- Learn the key concepts of the Git source control system
- Manage files with Git (edit, move, rename, delete) and update files managed outside Git
- How to resolve issues such as failed to push some refs and refusing to merge unrelated histories
- Compare the different states in Git and compare between branches and commits
- Basic computer skills
- Ability to install software on your computer
Do you want to Confidently apply and Work for any solid or start up company and feel comfortable using Git on the companies project(s) ?.
Gain a clear understanding on the basic Git workflow as a developer, programmer or a graphic designer
Get an up to date Git commands for both windows and mac os
Git is mandatory as a developer, PERIOD
This course is designed to give you a clear understanding on Git modern workflow as a software developer, programmer, graphic designer and even as a data scientist. It cuts down academic theories and focus on basics tasks in Git in order to be productive quickly. You can expect to learn the essentials needed to start using Git.
We start off the course by looking at what is Version Control and Git.
Then we look at the importance of the command line and how to use it like creating, deleting files and navigating through directories, etc.(This is for both windows and mac os)
The Basics of Git (working with Git locally)
We will first install Git
Setup and Configure Git with a step-by-step instructions and to how to utilize Git's help command
While working with Git Locally, we walk through all the commands needed to start a new project managed by Git (or enable Git for an existing project) including common file operations like renaming, editing, moving and deleting files as well as all the way through the process of staging and making commits and saving work in progress.
We also how to review your Git repository's history and how to revert changes to files made accidentally or on purpose
Some Git Advanced command
With a strong foundation in place, we are now ready to explore some more Advanced Git topics like comparing differences, branching and merging.
we start off by exploring what is GitHub and some of the basic features of GitHub
Signing Up and setting up account profile
creating a fresh repository and associating or linking our local repository with it
Then we push all of our local changes to synchronize with GitHub and as well how to resolve issues or errors such as 'failed to push some refs' and 'refusing to merge unrelated histories' when it arises.
After all is finished, there will be a challenge that I encourage you to attempt on your own to aid your learning process.
The Way Forward
This course will expand periodically to include more topics, supporting materials and bonus content
Are you ready to begin your transformation ? - I'll see you on the inside!
- Anyone interested in using source control and specifically Git and GitHub
- For NEW and EXISTING Software engineers, developers and programmers new to Git or GitHub
- Also for graphic designers. Losing a design could be just as detrimental
- IT Managers or technical leads considering Git or GitHub
- Freelancers or other creative professionals