MASTER Git, Github and Github Actions for DevOps CI/CD- 2022
What you'll learn
- Learn fundamental concepts of Version Control System
- Learn all the basic and advanced git commands
- Learn to collaborate with other team members
- Learn the key concepts of branching, merging, and much more
- Explore the inside look of .git folder
- Learn to create repository using git bash and through Github as well
- Learn basic Linux commands
- Learn different types of branches like master, developer, feature, release and hotfix branch
- Learn to create .gitignore files to ignore specific files
- Learn to create beautiful Readme md file for eye catching description
- Basic knowledge on Linux and its commands (Optional)
- Git bash and Git desktop installed on system
Why you should learn Git?
In stackoverflow 2020 survey, the most asked questions was related to Git. Git is everywhere as it is used by everyone whether by developer or tester or sysadmin. That makes Git as a must knowing skill to survive in IT jungle.
What is difference between Git and GitHub?
Git is a version control system that manage and keep track of source code history where as GitHub is a cloud-based hosting website that manage Git repositories through which you can access your git repository from anywhere.
Is Git a DevOps tool?
Git is one of the most popular DevOps tools, widely used across the software industry to work on large projects and maintain SDLC.
This is the crash course is fully packed with useful hands-on covering the key concepts at the same time without wasting crucial time of developer like you.
In this learning path you will learn all the fundamental concepts of Git like
What is Version Control System
What is Git and Github
How to use Git
How to use Github
What is Repository and difference between local and remote repo
Components of .git folder
What is branching and different types of branching
Different states of files in git
What is Merge and much more
This skill track is fully focused on the practical approach with having lots of handy-useful labs to make you an expert on Git and Github.
Practical Labs includes
Initializing git repository
Adding files to staging area and committing them to local repository
Pushing the local repository to remote
Creating different types of branches
Merging different branches
checking logs and history of commits
Comparing different commits
Creating .gitignore file to ignore specific kind of files and much more
Who this course is for:
- Developers, IT pros, Operators, Sysadmin, Tester (Git is for everyone, as it is an essential skill)
- Anyone who wants to build the web portfolio for showcasing their projects
I am an Instructor, Devops engineer, machine learning enthusiast, cloud expert and passionate developer.
I have authored 60+ courses with over 80,000+ students worldwide across 175+ countries on wide array of technologies like containerization, machine learning, Linux, programming languages and cloud computing platforms like Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Service and IBM Cloud.