Git & GitHub For Beginners - Master Git and GitHub (2021)
What you'll learn
- Understand some "Common Problems" developers face (without Git)
- Learn what is Version Control System (VCS )
- Download & Install Git Source Control System
- Create "First Git Project" (Initialize a Git Repository)
- Learn the key concepts of "Git Basic Workflow"
- Understand the difference between "Git Untracked" and "Git Tracked" files
- 3 stages: Working Directory - Git Staging Area - Git Repository
- Learn Git Common Commands - "git status", "git add", "git commit", "git log"
- Review Changes using "git diff"
- Unstage & Revert - Important Git and GitHub functionalities
- Remove a file from a Git Repository
- Git GitHub: Introduction to GitHub [*Remote* Version Control System]
- Create a GitHub account
- Configure Remote GitHub repository with Local Git
- PUSH Local Repository to GitHub Repository
- Creating New Repository on GitHub
- Clone, Fork and Pull using Git and GitHub
- GitHub: Raw, Blame, and History
- GitHub: Watch, Star and Fork
- GitHub Issues & Labels
- Git Premium Content Visualization
- Git GitHub: Branching - Theory + Hands-On
- Git and GitHub: Merging - Process, Steps, and Merge Techniques
- Merge - Fast Forward in Git
- Merge - Recursive Merging (3-way) in Git and GitHub
- Conflict Resolution using Git - General Intro + Usage
- A computer with Windows, Linux or Mac OS
- Basic Text Editor
- Basic Computer Skills
- Admin Rights (may be required) for software installation
- Prior knowledge of Git & GitHub is NOT required
- Motivation to Learn Git and GitHub IS required
Ultimate Master Class for Git, GitHub, GitLab, and SVN
(The Course Has been Optimized and now includes also Git and GitHub Premium Lectures)
--------------------------------- Introduction ---------------------------------
So you want to learn Version Control Systems.
Maybe that's Git, GitHub (or maybe both Git GitHub), GitLab, or even Bit Buckets. Doesn't really matter.
Let me teach you all the FUNDAMENTALS you need to get yourself STARTED as FAST as possible.
I know that your time is precious and maybe you're about to start a NEW JOB at your dream company or maybe you need to start working on your projects right away - so LET'S NOT WASTE TIME!
Studying our Git and GitHub Masterclass course will save you PLENTY of time googling and trying to connect the dots.
So WELCOME to my Ultra Practical & Summarized Git and GitHub Course to get yourself started! Let's Git It, shall we??
--------------------------------- Who is it for? ---------------------------------
Whether you want to improve your development skills, become a better programmer, or even increase your chances of getting your dream job.
You've come to the right place.
My name is Vlad and I’m talking about none other than my Version Control Systems (Git & GitHub) Ultimate Course where you're going to learn the basics of Git, its workflow, what is GitHub, and how Git and GitHub are connected.
--------------------------------- About the Course ---------------------------------
Chapter 1 - Introduction to Version Control Systems (General - without Git / GitHub)
1. Common problems developers face (two main scenarios - without git, no version control, no collaboration)
2. What is a VCS in general (*and also what is Git, Git Hub, and even GitLab in particular)?
Chapter 2 - Learning Git Essentials
1. Git - Download & Install (covering "git version", "git help", "git help <command>")
2. Configuring basic git information (name+email).
3. Creating First Git Project (creating a project directory, "git init", "git status", talk about ".git" directory.
4. Basic Workflow of Git (creating new "hello_world" file, "tracked vs untracked", "3 stages", "git add", "git commit", "git log").
5. Basic Workflow of Git - Additional Practice (working with additional files in the project, modifying files, "git add .".
6. Reviewing Changes (diff "working directory" VS "last commit", "git diff").
7. Removing a file from git repository ("git ls-files", "git rm <file>", "git rm <file1> <file2>..., "git rm -r <dir>").
Chapter 3 - First Steps with GitHub
1. Why we need a Remote Version Control System (in general) and GitHub (in particular)?
2. Collaboration Importance.
3. What is GitHub and what does GitHub have to do with Git? Choosing RVCS!
Chapter 4 - Getting Started with GitHub
1. Creating a GitHub Account.
2. Configuring Remote GitHub Repository with Git.
Chapter 5 - GitHub (Commands & Functionalities)
1. Push Local Repository to GitHub.
2. Creating a New Repository on GitHub.
3. Clone, fork, and Pull - functionalities on GitHub.
4. Raw, Blame, and History - who to blame on GitHub :D.
5. Watch and Star.
6. GitHub Issues & Labels.
7. ".gitignore" - on both Git & GitHub.
8. Git GitHub: Branch & Merge.
9. Conflict Resolution using Git and GitHub.
Chapter 6 - Version Control Premium Content: Visualization, Flow, and Commands
1. Introduction to Extended Visualization of the Git mechanism
2. Local Git Workflow Diagram
3. Untracked files in Git
4. Tracking New Files in Git
5. Staging Modified Files
6. Two States After Staged
7. Committing the Changes - as part of the Git Workflow
8. Skipping the Staging Area
Chapter 7 - Branching - Full Introduction To Merging
1. Branching - Real Life Scenarios [Intro To Merge]!
Chapter 8 - Merging - Process, Steps, and Merge Techniques
1. Merge - Fast Forward Technique (+Git example)
2. Merge - Recursive Merging 3-Way Merge
Chapter 9 - Conflicts Resolution
1. Merge Conflict - General Introduction
2. Merge Conflict Resolution - Core Part & Usage (solving conflicts in Git)
Chapter 10 - GitLab (Remote Distributed Version Control System) - Introduction
1. Creating GitLab Account
2. Create "MyFirstVehicle" Project on GitLab (remote git)
Chapter 11 - GitLab (Start Working)
1. SSH - Configuration & Clone
2. Create a new file & Push it to the remote git repository on GitLab
3. GitLab - Creating New Branches
4. GitLab - Merge Requests
Chapter 12 - SVN (SubVersion) - Centralized Version Control System
1. SVN - Introduction
2. SVN Workflow
3. SVN VS Git
4. Installation Preparation
Chapter 13 - Tortoise SVN - Down to Business
1. Tortoise SVN - Download & Install
2. Tortoise SVN - Creating a New Repository
3. Tortoise SVN - Hands On
4. SVN - File Differences
5. SVN - Branches
--------------------------------- Why Git & GitHub Version Control Systems Ultimate Course? ---------------------------------
Since I know many of you guys want to get to business right away - I’ve created this ultimate course with the most essential content you will need to feel confident with Git and GitHub and get yourself started as fast as possible.
You will get all the necessary explanations, straight to the point, without any irrelevant content - exactly what you need (including all the "git setup", etc).
And the last thing that I want to mention here - this course will be yours to keep as the Git and GitHub Cheat Sheet you can and should use whenever you will need it.
So I guess you know that this "Git and GitHub" course is ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY for you and that’s something you must have in your Developer ToolBox.
And without further ado, ENROLL in the course RIGHT NOW and I’ll see you inside.
* The content is mainly regarding "Git" and "GitHub", but ALSO you will get a few ADDITIONAL sections such as "GitLab" and "SVN". So much content to get yourself started! :)
Who this course is for:
- Students at the Academy who want to learn Git and GitHub VCS
- Graduated Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electronic Engineering (who skipped Git in College)
- Programmers & Developers who want to improve their skills
- Python Developers to develop cool applications using Git
- Web Developers - who want to store their projects on Git GitHub
- C/C++/C# Developers
- Anyone who wants to know the essentials of Version Control in General and Git and Github in particular!
my name is Vlad and I’ll be your teacher on Udemy!
I have a B.Sc. in Computer Science and a B.Sc. in Electronic Engineering.
Also, I have practical experience working as an Engineer at a large corporation like an Intel Company, as well as a couple of Start-Ups which included the development of IoT and Cyber-Systems and making some cool projects with different companies (like Wacom).
I feel eager and passionate about sharing my knowledge in the best way I can and helping you to learn programming topics in the best and easiest way.
So I hope you're ready for the beginning of our journey together - let’s LEVEL UP our Programming Skills!