Gimp: Make a Digital Painting & Illustration Like a Pro Fast
What you'll learn
- Make unique and beautiful professional-looking digital paintings and illustrations (even if you "can't draw!")
- Develop artistic confidence as you develop better drawing and design skills that you can build off of and that will last you a lifetime
- Create powerful digital images that can be displayed online or in print, presented as unique gifts, or as part of your own budding freelance design business.
- Understand how to create effective images that use original or copyright-free photographs as a starting point.
- Have a solid undertsanding of basic digital painting methods to create images used as stills or later in multimedia and animated projects.
- Bring an open mind, a willingness to learn new tricks, and a copy of the FREE program, Gimp.
- You can take this course on a computer, a tablet, or a phone. It's recommended you get a free copy of GIMP, but you can also use ANY imaging program or app that allows you to use layers. (Procreate, Photoshop, Illustrator, Sketch, Sketchbook, etc.)
- You can draw in this course using a mouse, track pad, or stylus pen (<-recommended!)
This quick and easy course will help you make original, custom digital paintings and illustrations using the free program GIMP (or any similar program) in just a matter of minutes that look professional and can be used online, in videos and animations, or for print purposes such as on a poster, letterhead, even a T-shirt or other products.
This course was made for both adults and younger people (ages 10 and up), especially beginners, technophobes, people who don't think they can draw, and those who want to rediscover their creativity and artistic sides that we all have.
Stop paying others to make designs for you and develop skills that can help you start making money creating professional-looking images for others. You can also use these simple techniques to make unique images and illustrations as free gifts for friends and family.
You also don't need to know how to draw. There are actually a HUGE number of graphic designers who CAN NOT draw... but they make up for it by using techniques like the ones in this course and naturally, learning more about layout design, composition, color, typography, and other fundamentals of visual literacy.
This course can be taken on a computer, a tablet, or even a phone using the FREE program GIMP or similar image editing apps and programs. You do not need a stylus pen or any special gadgets, expensive software, or equipment to follow along.
I'm an Associate Professor of Digital Media who recently taught for universities, international schools, and NGOs in Myanmar from 2016-2019. I co-founded and directed the Film and Digital Media Program at The American University of Rome (2006-2016). I'm now living in Lilongwe, Malawi and am a Digital Media and Animation Specialist for The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA Malawi).
Since 2000 I've been teaching students all over the world using my tried and true custom approach (turning complex information into something simple, memorable, easy-to-understand in as short amount of time as possible) to ensure that you get the most important, relevant, and useful information that can be applied immediately.
New bonus lectures and resources will continue to be added and timely advice will be provided in the discussion forum. I love to help and always respond to inquiries and discussions ASAP.
Please Note: All students who enroll in this course also will receive periodic free and discounted access to my other top-rated current and upcoming courses. *This course automatically comes with either a FREE Photoshop or Illustrator illustration course. You can choose which one you want and I'll send you the link to help you continue your learning. (Details are in the Extra section inside the course).
You have a 30-day, 100% money-back guarantee with no questions asked so you have nothing to lose. I make myself available so you will have access to me if you have questions or need specific feedback along the way.
Empower yourself now by enrolling in this digital painting course and join our growing learning community!
Click the "Take This Course" button in the upper right corner and let's get started building your digital painting, software, and design skills today.
Who this course is for:
- This course is also for beginners and for traditional artists who would like to learn to make digital work, illustrators, as well as so-called "non-creatives" who think they "can't draw."
- This course is for anyone who wants to explore their artistic and creative sides, who love following easy steps that get impressive results fast.
- This is NOT an in-depth Gimp course. A selection of tools and techniques are discussed in depth for creating digital paintings but this course doesn't cover EVERY feature available in Gimp. It's for beginners who want to learn the most essential tools and tricks for making beautiful designs ASAP.
My goal is to empower ordinary people to do extraordinary things.
I’m an award-winning artist and educator helping empower people around the globe to communicate effectively and tell their own stories through a variety of media. I've created dynamic content for clients including UNICEF, WHO, UNFPA, WFP, Children International, The Aid Myanmar Society, The B-52s, and American University of Myanmar.
I've been teaching digital media and creating innovative programs for secondary, undergraduate, and postgraduate students as well as adults and children with no formal education in North America, Europe, Africa, and Asia since 2000. I’ve also been teaching tens of thousands of online students through the UN-mandated University For Peace’s Centre For Executive Education and on online learning platforms since 2014.
I’m an Associate Professor of Digital Media who recently taught for universities, international schools, and NGOs in Myanmar from 2016-2019. I co-founded and directed the Film and Digital Media Program at The American University of Rome (2006-2016). I’m now a Digital Media and Animation Specialist for The United Nations Population Fund (UNFPA Malawi) and a Creative Graphic Designer for UNICEF Malawi.
My animated films have screened in galleries and museums worldwide and in more than 75 international film festivals where they have frequently won “Best Animated Short.” I’m a dedicated mentor, trainer, career advisor, curriculum builder, and interdisciplinary collaborator known for promoting civic engagement and fostering a positive, inclusive learning environment.
What can I help you with today?