GIMP Crash Course for Beginners!
- A PC or MAC desktop is required
Hello and welcome to my GIMP crash course.
In this GIMP course, you'll learn how to install for both a MAC and a PC. Once installed, I'll show you how to make the GIMP interface look more like Photoshop. This is huge if you ever plan on upgrading to Photoshop or if you're downgrading instead.
GIMP has it's own type of file format for saving layered files. You'll learn what it is, how to use it and how to use other file types.
Then, you will learn the basics of layers and how to use them in GIMP.
This GIMP crash course was designed for beginners only. If you already have GIMP installed and/or know how to change the interface, how to use file types and use layers, then this course is not for you.
- Anyone that has never used GIMP
- GIMP beginners
- Download Images + Other Resources to Use With This Class
- How to install GIMP for Linux
- How to install GIMP in Windows
- How to install GIMP on a MAC
- How to make your images "POP" with GIMP!
- How to retouch your images with GIMP!
- How to re-size and save your images for online use... social media... in GIMP
- Download Class Files, Images & Resources
- How to configure the GIMP Interface
- How to create a new document in GIMP
- How to open files in GIMP & the different file types
- How to navigate around your GIMP documents + more
- How to save your GIMP files for web, print & more
- You'll learn what a GIMP layer is and it’s benefits in GIMP
- You'll learn the 4 types of GIMP layers and 4 ways to customize them
- You'll learn what a Layer Mask is and how to use for editing in GIMP
- Discover all the Layer Attributes to use for your artwork in GIMP
- Layer Boundaries
- What's Next? How to learn more about GIMP!
30 years experience as a pro photographer. Teaching photography, Photoshop, Lightroom, and GIMP.
I've photographed thousands of portrait sessions and 500+ weddings in the last 30 years. I'm also a graphic designer and a lifelong user of Photoshop (since 1991) and Lightroom (since 2007).
Helping photographers achieve their creative vision since 2010.