Gherkin Language - From beginner to Expert
What you'll learn
- You will learn basics about Gherkin Language
- You will learn to create a feature file
- You will learn to use different gherkin keywords
- You can create different Scenarios using gherkin Keywords
- You will learn to extract values from data table inside scenario
- You will learn to apply different tags to different scenarios and common tag to all Scenario
- No programming skills is required
This Gherkin Language uses a set of special keywords to give the structure to a Scenario with a proper meaning to it. Each keyword is translated to many spoken languages; in this reference, we’ll use English.
Most lines in a Gherkin document start with one of the keywords.
Comments are only permitted at the start of a new line, anywhere in the feature file. They begin with zero or more spaces, followed by a hash sign (#) and some text.
Block comments are currently not supported by Gherkin.
Gherkin Language supports many different frameworks to write the scenarios mainly the Behavior Driven Development framework.
With the use of this language, the Scenario becomes more readable and more meaningful.
The development is now starts with defining the behavior of the application and the behavior is written in the form of Features and under Features, there will be different scenarios that define different behavior of the application
The main reason behind using this language is that the developer, tester, customer representatives, all should commonly define the behavior of the application using Gherkin language. This will help all the stakeholders and panel members to be on the same page and using this behavior all the scenarios will get created and the product will be developed.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for Automation Testing Professionals, Managers, Testers, Developers for testing Web Application using automation test scripts
I have worked as an Automation Lead with 6+ years of experience in top MNC.
Majorly I have worked in Agile Projects.
I have hands-on experience in Automation Testing using tools like Java, Cucumber, C#, Specflow, Azure DevOps, Jenkins, and many more.
I have 5+ years of teaching experience in top reputed colleges in Mumbai, India.