Create, Update and Manage Your Own Website Using WordPress
What you'll learn
- In this course, we'll explore the many configuration options, functions and features available in the self-hosted version of WordPress
- We'll focus on WHY and HOW things work in WordPress –– so you can develop an intuitive understanding of how to use WordPress
- By the end of this course, you'll be able to configure, edit and update a WordPress site with confidence, following best practices every step of the way!
- A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux) with Internet access
- Any modern web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, or Safari)
- WordPress 3.5 or higher, hosted either on a webserver or on your own local machine (NOT wordpress.com)
- A desire to learn!
Learn how to use WordPress to build your own flexible and dynamic website in this comprehensive introductory course. No prior experience necessary!
- WordPress is web software you can use to create a beautiful website or blog. It's the largest self-hosted blogging tool in the world, used on millions of sites and seen by tens of millions of people every day.
Whether you plan to build your own WordPress website or hire a WordPress developer to help you, understanding the basics of how WordPress works will help you build and maintain a better website!
HOW IS THIS COURSE DIFFERENT?
My name is Kathleen, and I've been teaching technology to beginners under the moniker Robobunnyattack! since 2009. I believe that with the right approach, anyone can learn anything.
My goal in this course is to help you develop an intuitive understanding of how to use WordPress to build your own website.
In this course, we'll explore the many configuration options, functions and features available in the self-hosted version of WordPress. As we work together, I'll explain WHY and HOW things work in WordPress, so you can learn more quickly and with more confidence.
As we discover WordPress together, we'll cover:
- How to handle basic WordPress site administration
- Adding and formatting content the RIGHT way
- Using images, video and audio smartly
- How WordPress can help you better organize your website's content
- When, why and how to apply important updates in WordPress
- How to select and install WordPress themes and plugins
- And so much more...!
By the end of this course, you'll be able to configure, edit and update a WordPress site with confidence, following best practices every step of the way!
Here's just a sample of what my (awesome!) students have to say about this course:
"This course is perfect if you are totally new to Wordpress as it will give you a very firm foundation on the key skills required to make Wordpress work for you." —Kieran
"I've worked a bit with WordPress here and there over the years, but RoboBunny certainly has filled in many of the missing parts and I have a much better understanding." —Kimberly M.
"I love how the tutorials are divided into such specific sections. I can watch the ones I need to learn and simply skip the things I already know... perfect set up and clear, detailed explanations." —Steve L.
"I really feel like I understand Wordpress now, and I got through it in a night!" —Sean B.
- This course includes lifetime access to over 4½ hours of step-by-step videos.
- You'll also get supplementary text lectures and links to helpful resources.
BONUS: I've also included a FREE bonus section ("SECTION 13: Publishing your website") explaining how web publishing works. If you don't already have webhosting where you can install WordPress, you can start there!
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE ME?
- This completely depends on your availability and learning preference. You can work through all the video lectures in one afternoon, or pace yourself over several days or weeks — it's up to you!
WHAT IF THIS COURSE ISN'T FOR ME?
- This course comes with an unconditional 30-day Udemy-backed guarantee. Try out this course for 30 days and see for yourself if my approach to learning how to use WordPress is right for you. If you're not 100% satisfied with this course, simply request a full refund within 30 days — no conditions, no questions asked!
I'm confident you'll LOVE this course, and I'm excited to help you learn. Enrol now and you can start building your very own WordPress website today!
—Kathleen Farley (aka Robobunnyattack!)
Who this course is for:
- Beginners with no previous coding or programming experience
- Web designers seeking to strengthen their WordPress skills
- Learners of all ages who want to REALLY understand how to use WordPress –– not just memorize a series of steps!
Kathleen Farley is a computer geek, teacher, learner, vinyl junkie, hockey fan, and recovering non-profit executive. Occasionally she breaks (and fixes) computers. Not necessarily in that order.
The Montreal-born technologist trained as an audio engineer before moving to Hamilton, Canada in 2007. She now runs Maisonneuve Music, a Hamilton-based independent record label.
Kathleen teaches technology and management skills at a music industry school in Toronto, Canada. She's also the co-founder of Audiohackr, a startup that helps indie musicians, producers, and DIY labels make the most of technology.
Kathleen produces technology training videos under the moniker Robobunnyattack!