Create, Update and Manage Your Own Website Using Drupal 7
What you'll learn
- In this course, we'll explore the many configuration options, functions and features available in the self-hosted version of Drupal
- We'll focus on WHY and HOW things work in Drupal –– so you can develop an intuitive understanding of how to use Drupal
- By the end of this course, you'll be able to configure, edit and update a Drupal site with confidence, following best practices every step of the way!
- A computer (Windows, Mac, or Linux) with Internet access
- Any modern web browser (Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer, Opera, or Safari)
- Drupal 7, hosted either on a webserver or on your own local machine
- A desire to learn!
Learn how to use Drupal 7 to build your own flexible and dynamic website in this comprehensive introductory course. No prior experience necessary!
- Drupal is an open source content management platform powering millions of websites and applications. It's built, used, and supported by an active and diverse community of people around the world.
You can use Drupal to build everything from personal blogs to enterprise applications. Thousands of add-on modules and designs let you build any site you can imagine.
Whether you plan to build your own Drupal website or hire a Drupal developer to help you, understanding the basics of how Drupal works will help you build and maintain a better website!
HOW IS THIS COURSE DIFFERENT?
My name is Kathleen, and I've been teaching technology to beginners under the moniker Robobunnyattack! since 2009. I believe that with the right approach, anyone can learn anything.
- My goal in this course is to help you develop an intuitive understanding of how to use Drupal 7 to build your own website.
In this course, we'll explore the many configuration options, functions and features available in Drupal 7. As we work together, I'll explain WHY and HOW things work in Drupal, so you can learn more quickly and with more confidence.
As we discover Drupal together, we'll cover:
- How to handle basic Drupal site administration
- How Drupal can help you better organize your website's content
- How to handle users, user roles, and permissions
- How to select, install and configure Drupal themes and modules
- Basic troubleshooting techniques
- And so much more...!
By the end of this course, you'll be able to configure, edit and update a Drupal site with confidence, following best practices every step of the way!
- This course includes lifetime access to over 6 hours of step-by-step videos.
- You'll also get supplementary text lectures and links to helpful resources.
BONUS: I've also included a FREE bonus section ("SECTION 14: Publishing your website") explaining how web publishing works. If you don't already have webhosting where you can install Drupal, you can start there!
HOW LONG WILL IT TAKE ME?
- This completely depends on your availability and learning preference. You can work through all the video lectures in one day, or pace yourself over several days or weeks — it's up to you!
WHAT IF THIS COURSE ISN'T FOR ME?
- This course comes with an unconditional 30-day Udemy-backed guarantee. Try out this course for 30 days and see for yourself if my approach to learning how to use Drupal is right for you. If you're not 100% satisfied with this course, simply request a full refund within 30 days — no conditions, no questions asked!
I'm confident you'll LOVE this course, and I'm excited to help you learn. Enrol now and you can start building your very own Drupal website today!
—Kathleen Farley (aka Robobunnyattack!)
Who this course is for:
- Beginners with no previous coding or programming experience
- Web designers seeking to strengthen their Drupal skills
- Learners of all ages who want to REALLY understand how to use Drupal –– not just memorize a series of steps!
Kathleen Farley is a computer geek, teacher, learner, vinyl junkie, hockey fan, and recovering non-profit executive. Occasionally she breaks (and fixes) computers. Not necessarily in that order.
The Montreal-born technologist trained as an audio engineer before moving to Hamilton, Canada in 2007. She now runs Maisonneuve Music, a Hamilton-based independent record label.
Kathleen teaches technology and management skills at a music industry school in Toronto, Canada. She's also the co-founder of Audiohackr, a startup that helps indie musicians, producers, and DIY labels make the most of technology.
Kathleen produces technology training videos under the moniker Robobunnyattack!