Getting Started With Test Automation Using Selenium
- Familiarity with using software
This course is about getting started with learning on test automation using Selenium. We will do a quick recap on what is a typical software test flow, like starting from requirements, testcase design, test execution, manual testing, writing automated test script, running automated test scripts. We will try to delve into what, why and how of test automation. In the light of all this we will look into how Selenium comes as a solution in solving some of the problems faced in testing. We will have introductory experience of Selenium IDE, WebDriver and Grid. Finally we will look into path to be taken going forward.
- This course in meant as an introduction to software test flow and role of test automation.
- This will help the software test engineers get a introductory perspective about using Selenium as an effective test automation tool
- Test Effort Estimation?
- What is the Problem? Solution?
- What, Why and How of Test Automation?
- Introduction to Selenium IDE and test automation using it
- Introduction to Selenium WebDriver and Selenium Grid
- Getting Hands On : Part-I
- Getting Hands On : Part-II
- Getting Hands On : Assignments
- Introduction to Whiztrial & Summing Up
- Quiz & Assignment
- Opportunity for YOU
- Thank You
Ganesh Sahai is B Tech from IIT Delhi (1993) and EGMP from IIM Lucknow (amongst the top technology and management institutes in the world). He has been founder, co-founder and founder team member of few start up companies and initiatives in the field of IT, Marketing and Academics. He Worked for Adobe since 1999 for around 12 yrs. He has led and setup many of the key testing teams from scratch for various Adobe products, like, Acrobat, Adobe Reader, AIR, CS, Tools etc. spanning desktops, handhelds (mob. phones etc.), hosted and enterprise area. He has worked as head of quality with one of the world's leading gaming technology company Aristocrat Technologies. Innovation is his passion and his innovative approach has got sixteen ideas approved for patents. Along the way he has supported and guided people in their innovative ideas. He is founder of “TestToBeBest" and “DoItvation" community of those interested in software testing and innovation respectively.