Getting Started with React Hooks
What you'll learn
- Explore the React Hooks API introduced in React 16.8
- Master the useState, useEffect, and useContext hooks that ship with the library
- Declare your own custom hooks to extract business logic from components
- Basic knowledge of the React library (components, state, props) -- reviews are provided
- Intermediate knowledge of ES6 features (classes, object destructuring, constants, etc)
Welcome to Getting Started with React Hooks!
This course offers a comprehensive overview of React Hooks, the latest feature introduced in the popular React library for building dynamic front end interfaces.
Getting Started with React Hooks begins with the essentials and proceeds to more complex topics including:
The useState hook
The useEffect hook
The useContext hook
Stateless functional and class-based React components
Array and object destructuring
The React Context API
No matter your skill level, the content is designed to get you up to speed on React Hooks as quickly as possible.
Thanks for checking out the course!
Who this course is for:
- React developers who want to explore the future of the popular UI library
- Front end developers interested in discovering the React library
Hi there, it's nice to meet you! I'm a New York City-based software engineer, author, and consultant who's been teaching on Udemy since 2016.
There was no formal computer science education for me; I discovered coding entirely by accident. A small work interest quickly blossomed into a passionate weekend hobby. Eventually, I left my former role to complete App Academy, a rigorous full-stack web development bootcamp in NYC. The rest is history.
I've always been fascinated by the intersection of technology and education, especially since I've struggled with many of the traditional resources people use to learn how to program. My goal as an instructor is to create comprehensive step-by-step courses that break down the complex details into small, digestible pieces. I like to build the kind of material that I myself would have loved to have when I was starting out.
I'm passionate about teaching and would love to help you discover what code can do for you. See you in a course soon!