Getting Started with Magento
- 3.5 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the entire process of installing Magento with and without sample data
- Set up your store with a deep understanding of the available options and menu layouts
- Categorize and create product types to organize your store’s inventory
- Create simple, complex, configurable, tangible, and virtual products to fill out your store’s inventory
- Enhance your product pages with descriptions, images, and inventory information
- Take control of your content and customize your product page's layout
- Use tax and shipping rules along with payment gateway integration to generate revenue, and understand the order process to manage and ship your sales
- Manage every aspect of your store, including ratings, reviews and tags
We need a store online to sell things. Magento is a powerful and widely used solution.
Categories for our products don't exist in a blank store. We need to create categories to add products to.
Our categories are out of order and missing information. We edit and rearrange them.
Attributes and sets can be a confusing concept. Create sets and add attributes to them to describe products.
Magento only comes with a limited number of premade attributes. Here we create our own.
Need to accept payment. Here we show payment options and settings.
- It's structured and paced for beginners and covers the essentials they need to get started. Beginning with the very basics of installation, this course covers everything necessary to set up a basic store, with flexible functionality.
Magento is an open source eCommerce web application trusted by the world's leading brands and adopted by approximately 150,000 online retailers. It is popular the world over, and adopted by retailers ranging from smaller eCommerce websites to large multinational businesses.
This video will guide you through the daunting world of setting up, customizing, and running your own online store with the world's #1 eCommerce platform. It covers everything from installation to configuration, customization and managing every aspect of your store's frontend and the customer's experience.
Beginning with the very basics of installation, we’ll cover everything you'll need to get your web store up and running. Getting Started with Magento will cover everything you need to know; from populating your store with products to creating custom product types, and the addition of simple or complex product types. You’ll also learn how to configure your store to accept payment, process taxes, and handle shipping. In addition to managing your products, this course will also show you how to modify and add pages, and change their layout and theme.
Once you’ve completed this course, your web store will be fully functional and ready for business online.
This course uses Magento 1.7, while not the latest version available, it provides relevant and informative content for legacy users of Magento.
About the Author
Scott Tolinski graduated from the University of Michigan’s Performing Arts Technology Program, and is currently the senior frontend developer for Q LTD in Ann Arbor, MI. He has worked actively in the fields of web creation and production for over 10 years. In 2012, Scott Tolinski created Level Up Tuts, providing free web development tutorials on Youtube. A breakdancer, hip hop expert, founder of a competitive Bboy dance crew, and lover of all things kung fu, Scott is inspired by a glass of fine wine or a steaming hot cup of green tea.
- If you are interested in selling products online with the largest eCommerce platform in the world, this course is ideal for you. An understanding of HTML will come in handy for modifying content, but isn't absolutely necessary.