Getting Started with Julia
- Should be familiar with any programming language, it would be better if Python is known to understand the comparison.
- A basic laptop or desktop, where you can do hands-on
Why learn Julia?
If you are a Python programmer and want to be a 'Data Scientist', though Python is easy to use, the performance is very slow. And you cannot compromise on performance, while working on huge volume of data. So we need a language which is easy to work like Python and can provide performance like C. Julia is the answer to both the questions. So you have landed at the right platform to take a baby step towards high performance programming and scientific computing.
This course mainly focus on how to get started with Julia and cover an introduction to data analysis and visualisation.
1. This course is a compact version of Julia programming language with all the details to start.
2. We have very less theories and more action.
3. Simple explanations are given for different constructs.
4. The lectures are created in step by step fashion and in short format.
5. All the code are available on GitHub.
7. This course is also compiled, keeping in mind that any naive user who are eager to learn Julia as a computing language.
We are going to cover following topics in this course.
Introduction to Julia and its installation
Getting started with Jupiter notebook
Julia basic constructs like number, variable, strings
Julia data structures like arrays, tuples, set, dictionary
Control structures in Julia
Functions and Packages in Julia
Vector and matrix operations
Interfacing with Python
Data frame and data analysis
And plotting different visualisation
Join me in this journey!
- Any student interested in faster programming
- Aspiring to be a data scientist
- Why Julia?01:11
- Installing Julia03:13
- Hello World with Jupyter Notebook02:35
- Numbers and Variables02:08
- Control Flow03:32
- Vector and Matrix Processing04:15
- File Handling07:20
- Interfacing with Python03:27
- Getting Started with DataFrames09:36
- More on DataFrames09:22
- Getting Started with Plotting11:00
- What's Next00:33
Hi! I'm Jayant. I have a degree in Communication Engineering and more than decades of experience in working IT and ITes.
After working over a decades in the IT industries, I learned that whatever the technology changes, still the basics remains same, like operating system. So I started teaching this in a simplest possible way. I'm passionate about teaching things from basic about different technologies.
Sign up to my course and join me in this amazing adventure today. I will be there to help you in this journey.