Learn the basic concepts and functions that you will need to build slackbot with the popular programming language node.js
Build a strong foundation in slackbot with this tutorial for beginners.
- Understanding of slack messaging platform
- Bot programming
- Extend Slack by building smart slackbot
A Powerful Skill at Your Fingertips Learning the fundamentals of slackbot puts a powerful and very useful tool at your fingertips. Slack and building slackbot is free, easy to learn, has excellent documentation, and is built in node.js.
Jobs in bot development are plentiful, and being able to learn Slackbot will give you a strong background.
Conversation as a platform (CaaP) is becoming very popular. Alexa, Siri, IBM Deep Blue and Watson are some famous example of worldclass bots. Learning Slackbot will help you become a bot developer which is in high demand.
Big companies like AirBnB, Linked In, Raptor and Yo already moved to Slack as their preferred messaging platform. Their employees claimed that using Slack helped them reduce email clutter by 48%.
Content and Overview
This course teaches you on how to build SlackBot using open source node.js framework. Slackbot offers modular way to extend slack messaging by building smart answers that respond to useful commands. You will work along with me step by step to build following answers
A chart answer that would take data from user and respond with visualization of data.
A github developer statistics answer that will display top contributor statistics for specified git repo.
A team events answer that will display 10 upcoming events for the team.
You will also learn how to use oAuth and experiement it with Google Calendar APIs.
This course will teach you entire slackbot step by step. By the end of this course you will be very comfortable in using slackbot to build powerful bot applications.
What am I going to get from this course?
- Learn Slackbot programming from professional trainer from your own desk.
- Over 24 lectures teaching you React.js programming
- Suitable for beginner programmers and ideal for users who learn faster when shown.
- Visual training method, offering users increased retention and accelerated learning.
- Breaks even the most complex applications down into simplistic steps.
- Offers challenges to students to enable reinforcement of concepts. Also solutions are described to validate the challenges.