Getting Started with Building a GWT Web Application
What you'll learn
- Understand the pieces that make up GWT Application development
- Understand how debug the GWT Application with Eclipse
- Understand how to use Super Dev Mode with Eclipse
- Understand how to create a GWT Application
- Understand how to work with GWT UI components
- Understand how to work with logical GWT and native browser events.
- Understand how to configure remote ajax RPC calls
- Understand how to use CSS and image resrouces
- You should be familiar with CSS.
- You should be familiar with Java.
- You should be familiar with HTML.
I’m Brandon Donnelson and I’ve been working on GWT a while since somewhere around 2008. I enjoy helping make development easier. So the other day someone said they wanted to see more getting started video content so I started out with this course.
This course covers the basic GWT application development by video example. It starts out with Eclipse GWT application creating and debugging. Then moves into UI component creation, event handling and ajax calls. And finishes off with providing css styling and images for the UI.
If you’re new to GWT, I think this would help build up quick terminology and context around building an application using GWT.
Who this course is for:
- This course is suited for those beginning to learn GWT.
I live on a small farm with my wife and 5 kids. We've got a couple alpaca, llama, goats and some chickens.
I have been working in the software field since the 2000's and I've been working with GWT since 2008 building simple to complex applications.
My recent endeavors to help make GWT application development easier includes building GWT Maven Archetypes to help with getting start. I have invested some my spare time in the GWT Eclipse Plugin or GPE trying. I've enjoyed improving the GWT Eclipse plugin.
My latest trade, being a GXT Support Engineer has been quite enjoyable. I have been able to speak at conferences, travel to exotic places and help train customers. I get called from time to time to provide custom services as well.