Getting Started with Angular 2+
Want to learn how to build apps with Angular 2? Let's build one together!
Angular is arguably the most popular framework in the world for building single page applications. You may have heard that Angular version 2 is completely different from the original AngularJS, and this is indeed the case. While this can cause frustration for developers who are upgrading their apps, it is ultimately for the best because Angular 2 is so much nicer to work with!
In this course we'll get down to basics with Angular 2. We'll get a really good sense of how to use it by building out ng2-cribs, a real estate listing application that allows users to view listings, search and filter them, and add new ones in.
By the end of this course you'll have a great idea of how to build an Angular 2+ app and you'll have a great knowledge base from which you can go deeper.
See you in the course!
- Anyone who is completely new to building single page apps
- Anyone who wants to upgrade from AngularJS to Angular2+
- Anyone who has started building an app with Angular 2+ but needs more guidance
- History of Angular / Meet the Author04:05
- What We'll Build02:07
- Just Enough TypeScript06:57
- Using the Angular CLI11:22
- The Anatomy of an Angular 2+ App11:05
- Repeating Over Data with ngFor09:30
- Improving the Display with Bootstrap10:12
- Reusable Components07:36
- Implementing an Interface05:08
- Switching to Http14:37
- Setting Up the Form Template10:21
- Communicating Between Components10:43
- Adding a Pipe17:31
- Bonus Lecture: Further Learning at Angularcasts.io02:43
When he's not coding, Ryan is hanging out with his wife, playing guitar, or nerding out about outer space.
I'll guide you through how to build real-world apps with Angular from start to finish. At Angularcasts you'll learn how to use the framework itself with topics ranging from beginner to advanced levels.
You'll also learn how to integrate backends and databases, how to create mobile apps with Ionic, how to secure your applications with JSON Web Tokens, and much more.